Join BK Medical to help develop test systems for our next-generation ultrasound scanners. This is your opportunity to become part of an innovative team where your work has a real impact on people’s lives around the world.
Our mission at BK Medical is to change the standard of care in surgical interventions with real-time visual guidance. You will become part of a true innovator in the MedTech industry with 800 colleagues in Denmark, the United States, and other locations around the world. Now, we are advancing our mission as part of GE HealthCare. This puts us in a position where we can think even bigger and unlock new opportunities for us, surgeons, and their patients. It’s a great time to join us!
As our new Test Development Engineer, you will join our Test Development team of 4 dedicated specialists with a mix of seniority and educational backgrounds. We are part of BK Medical R&D and responsible for developing and maintaining automated test equipment for our high-performance BK Medical ultrasound scanners. As part of R&D we participate in scanner development projects by ensuring design for test and design for manufacturing, giving inputs to system requirements, review of design documents and schematics. We design test systems for functional and performance test of scanner-boards and systems for production and transducer integration. Our test systems are automated based on PC’s, instruments, dedicated test hardware and controlled via SQL server database. We have a strong team-player culture based on knowledge sharing and peer reviews – which support quality and reliability in our test designs and the BK products.
As our new Test Development Engineer your typical tasks will include:
- Development and maintenance of computer-based test systems for ultrasound scanners on board and system level, with a focus on production-test and transducer-integration.
- Contribute to maintaining and expanding the significant expertise that BK Medical Test Development possesses within ultrasound scanner test design.
- Participating in all phases of the test equipment development process according to standards for medical equipment: requirement specification, review, design, implementation, testing, validation, documentation, transfer to production, maintenance of test systems under change control.
- Introduction and training of Production Engineering and operators as part of the design transfer.
- Support Production Engineering, Service and Development with troubleshooting and analyses of test data.
Your professional background:
You bring a relevant degree as an engineer with 3-5 or more years’ experience within test development.
In addition, you have:
- Followed the technological development within your field and mastered measuring methods, design for test and manufacturing.
- Experience with test development of electronics on board and system level.
- Capable of building system overview and deep knowledge in complex systems like Ultrasound Scanner and computerized test system framework.
- Experience within programming in LabVIEW and possibly C#, SQL server databases, Visual Studio, Goepel Boundary scan, Windows OS, PowerShell, general IT network and integrating third party software in our test systems like: Lattice diamond, Xilinx vivado, Atmel, MPLABX.
- Experience of working in Medical Device industry is an advantage.
- A systematic and analytical approach to all phases of the development process, takes responsibility of own tasks and seek continues improvement.
- Motivation and are self-driven, a team-player and like to share knowledge with others.
- Good communications skills in Danish and English.
BK Medical’s European Headquarters are in Herlev, in a nice building with more than 300 employees. The work atmosphere is casual, and our organizational structure is flat. We have a good staff canteen focusing on health and variety, private health insurance and pension plans, as well as social events and several staff clubs.
We look forward to receiving your application, in which you describe:
- Your motivation for becoming part of our Test Development team
- Your experience and skills that are particularly relevant to the role
For more information regarding the position, you are very welcome to contact our Manager of Test Development Brian Hess; email@example.com.
BK Medical is a great place to work. We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our team at our head office in Herlev.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder