We are looking for a structured Technical Sales Engineer, with an innovative technical mindset and strong interpersonal skills. You will develop technical deliverables for the commercial department, as well as analyse operational and commercial risks at tender phase, making recommendations and judgments on bid strategy. The position reports to the Head of Sales, taking instruction from and working under the day-to- day supervision of the Technical Sales Manager.
The main day-to- day duties will include:
- Receive tenders, and work with inhouse specialists to identify and evaluate technical contents, costdrivers and risk factors.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Project Department, Vessel Crew, Clients and Suppliers).
- Prepare documents for tender submission including technical qualifications, preliminary method statements, project and operations time schedules, and technical drawings.
- Perform tenderstage engineering such as preliminary vessel positioning, deck layouts and lifting plans, soil review, and earlystage structural assessments of proposed solutions.
- Keep updated with market developments and technical advances within the offshore wind sector to inform potential optimization of SBO’s jack-up vessels.
In due course, the role will also involve a client-facing component such as attending technical client clarification meetings, negotiations and industry conferences. The position will also involve assisting business development efforts, understanding customer service demand, and contribute to the development of SBO’s strategy in the offshore wind installation, O&M and decommissioning sectors.
The position is Copenhagen-based and is a tremendous opportunity for someone interested in furthering a career in the offshore wind sector in a growing company.
The successful candidate will be structured, with both a creative and practical approach towards business and technical solutions. The preferred profile would include:
- A BSc or MSc in Naval Architecture, Offshore Engineering or equivalent degree. Any complementary education or training in commercial topics is beneficial.
- Minimum 3 years of experience within Offshore Wind, Oil & Gas or HeavyLift, ideally including offshore / seagoing experience or within offshore project execution.
- Technical reporting experience and drafting knowledge (AutoCAD and Inventor).
- A strong interest for bridging commercial and technical issues, and ability to prioritise by importance and commercial impact.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate technical matters effectively to audiences at all levels.
- English fluency, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, quickly digest technical information and adapt to business requirements.
Swire Blue Ocean
Swire Blue Ocean (SBO) is a leading provider of turbine and foundation installation services to the offshore wind industry. The company has developed a successful reputation, having delivered installation services on over fifteen wind farms in Europe to clients such as Dong, Vattenfall and Siemens. SBO’s two jack-up vessels, Pacific Orca and Pacific Osprey are some of the most sophisticated in their field.
SBO is now entering a new and exciting phase of development with a strategy to step up the value chain to take on the full transport and installation (T&I) scope. This will require the hiring of skilled and specialist personnel, both from project execution and engineering perspectives, but also for marketing and sales. SBO’s ultimate parent company, Swire Pacific Ltd, has been in operation for over 200 years and employees over 130,000 people worldwide. The Swire Group is committed to long-term investment and considers the growth of the offshore wind industry to be an excellent prospect for development within its marine services portfolio.
William Trenchard, Head of Sales.
Please send a Cover Letter and CV via the "Ansøg" link found on this page.
The email subject feed should be titled with ‘Technical Sales Engineer’ and no further / alternative information.
Job Descriptions will be sent upon identification of suitable candidates.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder