Technical Project Manager (WTG Transfer)
Become Technical Project Manager (WTG Transfer) where you’ll be responsible for one offshore project’s technical WTG scope as well as project managing.
Technical Project Manager (WTG Transfer) for managing WTG packages across offshore projects
Would you like to ensure technically sound transfer of WTG packages from an operational perspective during the transfer process from EPC to Operations?
Join us and become Technical Project Manager (WTG Transfer) in Transfer Support where you’ll be responsible for one offshore project’s technical WTG scope as well as project managing the WTG technical deliverables of all other offshore transfer projects. Transfer Support is involved end-to-end, from developing O&M technical requirements in Product Line, negotiating the SWA contracts and finally ensuring the technically sound delivery of all technical deliverables to Operations in the construction phase.
Your key tasks will be to
- project manage WTG technical deliverables across multiple offshore projects in the transfer process by properly assigning and prioritising tasks to all WTG transfer engineers and TIM resources
- ensure WTG transfer engineers update the management dashboard and WTG 2-pager overviews
- report the WTG transfer status of all the projects to the Head of Transfer Support on a weekly basis
- liaise with EPC Package Managers, EPC Project Managers and Operations Preparation PMs on a regular basis
- assist and guide all transfer engineers to achieve a technically sound transfer of the WTG assets to Operations with minimal outstanding snags and retrofits
Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for all technical deliverables for one offshore project’s WTG package, including: Master Document Registers, inputs to the Assumption Books and transferring Risk Registers, handling NCRs, CNs, O&M Manuals, Post Construction Work Lists (including snagging and retrofits), Spare Parts and Tools register and assuring spare parts and tools are correctly taken over. You’ll also be responsible for any other technically related or administrative tasks assigned to you by the Head of Transfer Support.
Your competences include that you
- have a BSc or MSc degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- have moderate experience with technical project management
- have substantial experience with offshore wind turbines
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication and negotiation skills
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good professional relationships with your stakeholders.
In addition, PMI or similar certification in project management is preferable, while Owner’s Engineer and EPC experience will be an advantage.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 27 July 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Frans van Bemmel, Head of Transfer Support, by telephone on +45 99 55 87 93 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder