Technical Project Manager for transfer of electrical packages across offshore projects
Would you like to ensure technically sound transfer of HV, MV and LV electrical packages from an operational perspective during the transfer process from EPC to Operations?
Join us and become Technical Project Manager in Electrical HV/LV where you’ll be responsible for managing all deliverables of the different electrical construction packages across multiple offshore projects. Electrical HV/LV is involved end-to-end, from developing O&M technical requirements, reviewing risks and integrity issues during construction and finally ensuring the technically sound delivery of all electrical deliverables to Operations at the end of the construction phase.
Your key tasks will be to
- follow construction packages within the electrical area across multiple offshore projects in the transfer process through technical assessments of the asset, including walk-downs, documentation spot checks and risk reviews
- prioritise tasks on behalf of Electrical HV/LV towards the commercial operations preparation PMs
- ensure that BoP (Balance of Plant)/WTG transfer tasks are updated in our dashboard (Visual Studio)
- report the BoP/WTG status of all the projects to different stakeholders in the organisation
- liaise with EPC package managers, EPC project managers and operations preparation PMs on a regular basis.
Furthermore, you’ll assist and guide all engineers in Electrical HV/LV to achieve a technically sound transfer of all BoP/WTG assets to Operations with minimal outstanding snags and retrofits. You’ll perform updates of the O&M requirements towards our concept line organisation when experience is gained, as well as being responsible for any other technical or administrative tasks assigned to you by the head of Electrical HV/LV.
The main packages you’ll manage will be HV/MV equipment on the offshore substations, array cables, LV and utility systems as well as electrical WTG components and systems.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering with specialist knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines: HV/MV, LV and utilities and/or export/array cables
- have substantial experience with offshore wind farm BoP assets; preferably including experience with O&M activities on these
- have moderate experience with technical project management
- have WTG-related experience; this will be an advantage, but is not a requirement
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
In addition, you thrive in an international environment and are able to create good professional relationships with your stakeholders.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 9 December 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mads Schmidt Jensen, Head of Electrical HV/LV, by telephone on +45 9955 9558 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.