Technical Operations Assistant (Student)
90% of the world’s waste is collected at the wrong time. At WasteHero we help cities and businesses reduce their CO2 emissions and collection costs by as much as 50% by monitoring waste bins and containers in real-time so we can dispatch collections at just the right time. We are a fast-growing and ambitious company with a solution touching customers in more than 30 countries! Do you want to be part of an exciting journey together with a bunch of WasteHeroes? Then this is your opportunity! 👇
About the Role
As a Technical Operations Assistant at WasteHero, you will have an essential role in ensuring the quality of our hardware products.
You will be responsible for management of our hardware products and refurbishment, with main focus on PCB hardware testing, preparation, assembly, quality assurance, and firmware updating. Also, you will take part in building, maintaining, and ongoing improvements of an automated continuous test setup for our products.
- Ensure functionality of HW components
- Modify HW for test of new prototypes
- Work independently with your own responsibilities
- Work closely with firmware and hardware engineers
- Set your mark on products and new launches - your projects are your responsibility.
To be a good fit for this role, you should enjoy working with hardware products and electronics.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Overall test of existing hardware products according to defined requirements
- Hardware bring-up of new products
- Preparation and refurbishment of hardware; PCB hardware testing, quality assurance, and firmware updating
- Prototyping of new hardware products together with R&D
- Improving overall product
You are a curious, self-motivated and communicative person who has a strong desire to learn and is ready to join a scale-up with few formal procedures and limits.
- Studying or have studied an electrical engineer study or similar background
- Basic experience with PCB and electronics or the ambition to learn
- Interested in lower power technologies and wireless communication
- Investigate hardware related issues on different levels
- It will be an advantage to know how to use an oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer and similar equipment
- It will be an advantage to have basic experience with Cadence Or Cad
About the Team
We are passionate product builders who love to create high-quality software platforms that cities and companies can use to avoid wasting resources emptying empty bins and avoid overflowing ones.
At WasteHero, we believe that technology has the power to make waste collection more efficient and sustainable. Our mission is to empower our customers to become greener, cleaner, and smarter. The company encompasses a highly diverse team (10+ nationalities) of 25 skilled and lovely people working together in cross-functional teams ranging from sensor, cloud, sales and growth!
WasteHero is a fast-paced and dynamic company that is venture backed from Silicon Valley investors! We are determined not to stop before we are the world-leading provider of the most sustainable and cost-efficient solution for modern waste management software. 😎
- A rooftop with great views when it’s sunny, and cozy (erm, read competitive) table tennis tournaments when it’s rainy. Win, win.
- Our office is nestled in the heart of Aarhus, between Dokk1 and Street Food.
- Free coffee/snacks.
- Social outings with the team.
- Transport costs are covered by WasteHero.
How to Apply & Next Steps
So, if you can fulfil the requirements and see yourself thriving within a fast-paced company, then we would love to hear from you!
For more information or questions please contact us at email@example.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder