Cable Protection System (CPS) Technical Manager for offshore wind farms
Would you like to focus on technical aspects, stakeholder analysis and help build cable connections across all our projects globally?
Join us and become our CPS Technical Manager in the HV Cables department, where you’ll be responsible for ensuring the best solutions for our CPS contracts and the development of new products in this novel industry. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases related to cable protection systems for offshore wind farms across our portfolio.
Your key tasks will be to
- prepare technical requirements - regarding supply and installation - for cable protection systems and manage structural cable design investigations
- support the procurement team in evaluating the technical compliance of various CPS suppliers in terms of design, testing, installability and the reliability of the CPS to protect the cable system during its lifetime
- oversee and review Ultimate Limit State (ULS) and Fatigue Limit State (FLS) analysis of the cable system
- ensure that all interfaces towards other departments are managed in accordance with technical best practice
- lead the development of technical levers in collaboration with CPS suppliers to optimise costs and time schedules.
In addition, one of your primary responsibilities will be to participate in technical and commercial negotiations as well as interfaces handling meetings.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree or PhD in mechanical engineering or similar
- have extensive experience working for a cable protection system supplier, an oil and gas company or a consultancy company
- have detailed knowledge of ULS/FLS analysis and ISO standards for polyurethane-based bend stiffeners/restrictors
- have a strong background in both technical and commercial aspects related to protection systems
- have a proactive and systematic approach to the technical tasks across the department.
You thrive in an international environment, speak and write English fluently and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders. You are independent and a strong initiator with the ability to lead challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation. If you possess a Project Management certification (PMP or similar) this will be an advantage.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 4 July 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Manager of Array Cables, by telephone on +45 9955 7336 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling to our offices and sites in Northern Europe, North America and Asia.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder