Technical Manager for Export Cable Supply Module
Imagine a future where you’ll take up the technical challenges in relation to module technical management of our export cables for our future offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team responsible for the design, development, and procurement of the high-voltage export cables.
Welcome to Offshore
You’ll be part of a team where you, together with your colleagues, will handle all engineering phases related to the export cable systems for offshore wind farms. You’ll be reporting to the Project Technical Manager. Working in the Product Line Export Cable Supply Module will give you the unmatched possibility to both develop and implement innovative solutions across our portfolio to realise major cost savings.
You’ll play an important role in:
- participating in the preparation of the export cable supply tenders review and ensure that the supplier offers are of the correct quality, within scope and budget
- providing technical support to the offshore wind farms in the early development phases and bid processes, ensuring high quality standards and competitive cable designs
- supporting the Project Technical Manager in the sourcing projects, interface alignment, risk assessments, development of levers, supplier quality management and supplier performance
- preparing and maintaining the module master documents, generic technical requirements and technical notes within the module
- reporting progress of activities within the module and supporting the Project Technical Manager in the preparation of monthly reports.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics or similar
- have experience within high-voltage cables and accessories – experience with submarine cable systems and cable manufacturing will be an advantage
- have a problem-solving attitude, teamworking spirit, and outgoing personality
- speak and write English fluently and have an international mindset
- preferably have experience with project leadership
- are an excellent communicator and an independent and strong initiator with the ability to solve challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation. Knowledge of submarine cables standards – CIGRE, IEC, ICEA will also be positively evaluated.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 4 October 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Morten Ahrenkiel Vilhelmsen, Manager, Export Cable Managers, +45 30 92 30 30 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do 10-25% travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.