Technical Manager for export cable supply module
Would you like to take up the technical challenges in relation to Module Technical Management of our export cables?
Would you like to take up the technical challenges in relation to Module Technical Management of our export cables for our future offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Module Technical Manager in our Export Cable Managers department where you’ll be part of a team responsible for the design, development and procurement of the high-voltage export cables. You’ll be part of our Product Line Module with more than 15 members and, together with your colleagues, handle all engineering phases related to the export cable systems for offshore wind farms and reporting to the Project Technical Manager.
Your key tasks will be to
- report progress of activities within the module and supporting the Project Technical Manager in preparation of monthly reports.
- prepare and maintain the module master documents, generic technical requirements and technical notes within the module
- support the Project Technical Manager in the sourcing projects, interface alignment, risk assessments, development of levers, supplier quality management and supplier performance
- provide technical support to the offshore wind farms in the early development phases and bid processes, ensuring high quality standards and competitive cable designs
- participate in the preparation of the export cable supply tenders review and ensure that the supplier offers are of the correct quality, within scope and budget.
Working in the Product Line Export Cable Supply Module will give you the unmatched possibility to both develop and implement innovative solutions across our portfolio to realise major cost savings.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics or similar
- have experience within high-voltage cables and accessories – experience with submarine cable systems and cable manufacturing will be an advantage
- have a problem-solving attitude, teamworking spirit and outgoing personality
- speak and write English fluently and have an international mindset
- preferably have experience with project leadership.
It’s essential that you’re an excellent communicator. You’re independent and a strong initiator with the ability to solve challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation. Knowledge of submarine cable standards such as CIGRE, IEC and ICEA will also be considered an advantage.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 29 March 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Morten Ahrenkiel Vilhelmsen, Manager of the Export Cable Managers department, by telephone on +45 3092 3030 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling to our international offices and sites in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder