Technical lead engineers - waste to energy
Thanks to COWI's expertise in value-creating consultancy through our unique 360° solutions and implementation of an ambitious and focused g
Thanks to COWI's expertise in value-creating consultancy through our unique 360° solutions and implementation of an ambitious and focused growth strategy within waste to energy, we are now geared to win more challenging and exiting projects. As a result hereof, we are looking for technical lead engineers to our Waste to Energy department in Lyngby - could that be you?
COWI is the top one consultant within biomass and waste to energy consultancy in Denmark. Based on our current strongholds we experience a continued growth also outside Denmark.
Therefore, we are looking for experienced specialists within all technical fields of waste to energy in our department; Bioenergy and Thermal Power.
As technical lead engineer, you will be working on projects within the waste to energy sector nationally, but also on an increasingly number of international projects.
You will be part of a team of 21 engineers and consultants and report to the Head of Section within waste to energy, Thomas Jensen.
Strong profile within waste to energy
You are most likely engineer, hold a master's degree or equivalent education and have more than 10 years of experience working in the field of waste to energy potentially combined with experience from the biomass sector, preferably from either the consulting business or the energy industry.
Your main responsibilities cover producing and checking designs, calculations for a variety of systems, liaising with clients and other stakeholders, and mentoring and developing less experienced engineers.
You possess an in-depth knowledge and ideally you have been technical lead on either boiler systems, turbine/generator systems, flue gas cleaning systems, electrical and CMS systems, transport systems, layout or auxiliary equipment.
In addition, your tasks include:
- Planning, scheduling and budgeting of assigned projects
- Developing conceptual designs, producing engineering designs and details in accordance with project requirements within your field
- Preparing and checking calculations and drawings as well as writing reports
- Assisting with tenders and bids and follow up on contractual requirements
- Inspecting and documenting technical systems
- Providing technical leadership to projects.
You master the Scandinavian languages and English both orally and in writing and are up to date working with IT applications.
Self-motivated and good interpersonal skills
You recognise yourself in the following statements:
- You are used to work in a team-oriented environment, are flexible and capable of working in a structured manner
- You are self-motivated with good interpersonal skills
- You feel motivated by working in an international atmosphere communicating with colleagues around the globe on a daily basis
- You are outgoing, committed and ambitious
- You have strong communication skills and are good at establishing relations
- You are a team player and understand how to motivate your team and colleagues
- You thrive working on more project simultaneously.
A multidisciplinary organisation active in many regions
The department Bioenergy and Thermal Power includes more than 100 engineers and consultants, and is located in Lyngby, Odense, Vejle, Aarhus and Aalborg. Internationally, we are supported by COWI subsidiaries in many regions.
We have projects in many parts of the world focusing on Scandinavia, Africa, China, Asia and Eastern Europe.
COWI as a workplace
We offer you an exciting position in COWI, where we place emphasis on personal commitment, responsibility and independence in everything we do.
You will be part of an international, high-performance working environment with talented and professional colleagues worldwide.
We boast a good social environment, which is development-oriented and considers sparring and knowledge sharing to be key elements.
Further, we offer continued technical and personal development through participation in our formalized internal technical networks, training through COWI Academy and conference participation.
If you have any questions or need further information, please feel free to contact:
Thomas Jensen, Head of Section
Bioenergy and Thermal Power
Mobile: +45 2615 0616
We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and look forward to receiving your CV and application in English as soon as possible. Please note where you have seen the ad.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder