DHI is experiencing increasing demand of our services for offshore wind farms and our team is growing. Bird & bat detection systems for offshore wind is becoming a requirement in many countries and DHI has pioneered these systems over the past 10 years. Our Multi-sensor bird detection system (MUSE) is leading the global market for offshore wind, and we are experiencing rapid expansion. We are therefore looking to expand our team with a new colleague with experience in designing, implementing, and managing complex technical solutions, preferably with experience specifically in the offshore renewable energy sector.
DHI’s competitive advantage is that we provide automated bird detection systems for offshore wind, in addition to expertise and services for baseline and EIA studies. DHI has pioneered these systems over the past 10 years and has strong competences in analyzing the resulting data. Our Multi-sensor bird detection system (MUSE (dhigroup.com)) addresses one of the major challenges for offshore wind projects when complying to regulatory requirements for safeguarding birds within and around offshore wind farms. It is based on automated monitoring of birds at the species level in an efficient way 24-7 using a combination of sensors (e.g. radar, (thermal) cameras, microphones, etc.).
It is exactly the combination of the environment and the complexity of the system, which requires a person with the technical insight, translation capacities, and overview, to turn the customer’s wishes, and DHIs expertise into a final, working product.
The position offers the opportunity to be involved in a broad range of projects, from the initial design stage to installation and ongoing service and maintenance. You will come to work in a dynamic environment with a team of highly skilled and motivated people with an interest in the renewable energy sector.
- Guiding both internal and external stakeholders through the process of designing and installing complex multi sensor systems
- Building/assembling such systems including testing and instrumenting
- Creating (3D) drawings of engineering designs such as camera brackets
- Reporting in a concise manner with focus on translating customer’s wishes and the limitations of the working environment to clear, applicable designs
- Assisting in and/or undertaking of installing sensors in challenging environments
- Managing and some hands-on for realizing deliverables
- Commercial awareness and a commitment to customer satisfaction, while ensuring submission of deliverables on time and budget
- General project management; resourcing, scheduling, out-sourcing, budgeting, risk management.
- Client liaison and consultations with regulatory agencies and other project stakeholders.
- Development of innovative and multidisciplinary technical and organizational methods/services
- Work collaboratively as part of a team and share knowledge with colleagues
The ideal candidate has:
- M.Sc. degree in (mechanical) engineering, electronic engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience from relevant offshore projects regarding power systems, wind farms, offshore oil and gas or similar industries will be an advantage.
- Proven experience with installation of complex electronic sensors.
- Knowledge on radar and/or camera systems for automated surveillance would be an additional bonus.
- Track record of working in a high-performance international team and dynamic environment with multiple projects and diverse stakeholders.
- Fluency in design and (3D) drawing tools such as AutoCad.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, being able to take the lead on project reports and other deliverables.
- Experience with offshore work and installations including possession of necessary GWO certificates would be an asset.
- Ability and interest in understanding client needs and helping in designing and developing solutions to match these.
- Motivated and engaged - ability to work independently for the goals of the team.
- Innovative, proactive, curious, and dedicated in obtaining results that make a difference and pushes the industry standards of technical solutions within the area of bird detection.
- Good cooperation skills, working with a wide range of colleagues from diverse backgrounds and nationalities.
- Strong communication skills in English and Danish are required.
- You will be part of DHI, which is a world leading company that works to make a significant impact in accordance with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- You will join a dedicated team of approx. 25 colleagues in our Offshore Wind – Environment Segment, working on consulting projects as well as research and development projects in an international environment.
- Some travel activities must be anticipated, including travels to DHI's subsidiaries.
- Salary and employment terms according to qualifications and experience.
- DHI A/S, Agern allé 5, Hørsholm, Denmark, or
- DHI A/S, Åbogade 15, Aarhus, Denmark
How to apply
- Please submit your application including CV via the relevant job posting on DHI’s website (http://www.dhigroup.com/careers) as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed continuously.
- Deadline for application is 1 November 2023.
- Expected start date is as soon as possible.
- For further information please contact Rien van Wijk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Tel. +45 2911 3494.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder