Does leading technical research projects on concept ideas within sound processing, connectivity, sensors, human-computer interfaces and machine learning sound appealing to you?
Then this is your chance to make your mark on future solutions that will improve the quality of life for people with a hearing impairment.
Join Global R&D to lead major technology shifts
At GN Hearing’s HQ in Ballerup, Denmark, you become a part of our Innovation Pipeline Management team. As the starting point for all new product-related concept ideas, our job is to scope how new technologies can be developed and matured into value-adding solutions for the end user and commercially viable products for GN Hearing.
In other words, we facilitate the transformation of new technologies into future hearing aid solutions that make life sound better.
Manage cutting-edge technology projects
As the Lead Concept Architect, you drive multidisciplinary projects with the aim of maturing select ideas into concepts for product development. You are responsible for setting project goals and aligning the teams and stakeholders. Providing both a project overview and in-depth technical knowhow, you:
- Participate in the ideation and definition of project concepts that combine new technologies, user needs and market opportunities
- Manage and ensure timely delivery of projects
- Coordinate, communicate, and monitor project progress, roadblocks and scope to stakeholders and owners, and take corrective action when needed
- Coordinate and secure communication and alignment within the team and with other teams across the global organization.
- Ensure smooth handover of projects to the development organization
International project teams
You can expect to manage 1-3 projects at a time. These typically last a maximum of 2 years. Project activities and members are located in Denmark, the Netherlands and the US. The daily communication with the members is handled online, but occasional travel is to be expected - approximately 10-12 days per year.
Holistic technical lead with knowledge of sound and AI
You are able to holistically bridge different disciplines and prioritize where others should devote their efforts - and you can communicate and manage different stakeholders with respect for their backgrounds and stake in the project.
Project limits are not readily defined but change and evolve as we move forward. Therefore, it is also important you can handle uncertainty and unpredictability and, to a certain extent, thrive with it, asking the right questions to find the answers that can drive the projects forward.
Moreover, you bring:
- 5+ years of experience partaking in technical projects - ideally related to sound processing, acoustics or AI/Big data
- Minimum a Master´s degree in acoustic engineering, signal processing, Robot technology or similar
- A technical understanding of sound, sound processing, HW, SW, apps, Cloud, AI and how they relate
- A proven ability to understand and combine user needs, value creation and technology
- Ideally, experience with agile leadership, project management and/or development
- Fluency in spoken and written English - Danish is an advantage
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than 10th February 2020. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Manager, Innovation Roadmap planning, Maria Mehlsen on +45 4575 1637.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder