Technical (IT/OT) Specialist to ensure recovery and restoration of critical systems for offshore wind farms
Do you understand technical IT/OT systems to ensure a swift operation and recovery of systems? Are you the person who has done the prework and tests when everything stops working?
Join us and become the new Engineering Specialist in the SCADA and Security team in Wind Power, Operations where you and your colleagues will be responsible for the overall handling and daily operation of all our production related IT/OT systems, including communication and support systems. Your responsibility is to safeguard the Recovery Objectives (RPO and RTO) of critical computer systems, where you’ll be using your specialist knowledge to review and develop the design of critical systems while working with specialist colleagues and guiding and assisting junior members of the team in delivering on the team’s results. The job will also allow you a large degree of freedom and the opportunity to affect your own workday, while working with multiple stakeholders.
You’ll become part of a team that defines and updates all maintenance programmes related to the SCADA and communication systems on the offshore wind farms. Here you’ll be working with specialists from our communications and control teams to ensure the best operation and recovery of the critical IT/OT systems operating in our wind farms. The position is highly complex as it requires multiple stakeholders to be aligned across the organisation.
Your key tasks will be to
- understand and develop the integrity of critical computer systems supporting HV systems and offshore communication used in modern large-scale offshore wind farms
- test that system designs are in harmony with the Recovery Time Objective (RTO)
- collaborate with system owners to develop our continuity and technical recovery plans for the critical systems
- prepare and practice recovery procedures to verify RTOs and ensure excellent results in the team
- engage and negotiate with suppliers to ensure that critical computer systems are maintained
- ensure cyber security by proactively addressing issues and opportunities and by supporting the organisation in the implementation of new equipment.
Furthermore, you’ll actively engage with other parts of Operations on cross-departmental projects, working closely with both site personnel and our commercial teams. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in the development of requirements for future SCADA systems in the construction of future wind farms, to ensure optimal operation throughout their lifetime.
Your competences include that you
- preferably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical/software engineering or similar engineering knowledge obtained through work experience
- have a broad experience working with SCADA or critical IT systems
- have recovery management experience, preferably through practical experience through the planning and technical recovery of critical systems and continuity following incidents
- have knowledge of ISO2700x, VGB s-175, NERC-CIP or similar IT security standards
- preferably have experience with failure investigation on IT/OT systems.
In addition, you speak and write English fluently, while fluency in German and Danish will be considered an advantage. As a person, you have good communication skills that allow you to achieve results in teams with many stakeholders. You have a keen eye for detail and a proactive approach to your work tasks. You focus on adding value and creating results, enjoy solving complex and challenging tasks, both in an office environment as well as on site. It’ll be viewed as an advantage if you have experience from the wind turbine industry.
Please note that we also have an open position for a Technical Project Manager with life cycle experience, which you might find relevant as well. Please find the position on the career portal of our website
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 3 November 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lasse Bannick, Programme Manager, by telephone on +45 9955 8785 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.