Technical Engineer 2-stroke for LTSA (Long Term Service Agreements)
Do you want to work in a dynamic and international environment where you will be challenged on your technical engineering skills and with the opportunity to develop both as a person and as a professional? Then keep on reading. The LTSA department in MAN Energy Solutions is looking for a Marine Engineer with some experience in operating and overhauling 2-stroke engines.
You will join our technical team within LTSA (Long Term Service Agreements). As Technical Engineer you will participate in the planning of engine overhauls, issuing performance evaluations and reports, supporting colleagues and customers in technical aspects allocated to you, supporting the LTSA spare parts department with technical guidance and issuing maintenance plans relevant to the contracts.
More specifically you’ll use your technical insights as you:
- Assist technical project teams as needed.
- Provide technical planning to visualize overhaul status.
- Follow-up on engine performance with reports to clients.
- Are in charge of issuing maintenance plans as well as optimizing on spare part plans.
- Act as back up for our spare parts team in approving and handling purchase orders etc.
- Participate in technical troubleshooting and analyzing of general technical issues.
- Participate in shoptests and sea trials when found relevant.
- Assist the LTSA sales team with technical assistance in the tendering process.
- Participate in technical meetings with customers and in that context to perform presentations when required.
- Have close cooperation and coordination with local MAN Energy Solutions offices around the world.
- Contribute to high professional integrity in the team.
The ideal candidate is a good communicator, has some problem solving skills and is highly organized. The ability to be personable and tenacious is also a key to be successful in the position.
We expect our new Technical Engineer to have the following professional qualifications:
- Higher education as Marine Engineer or similar.
- Some seagoing experience as engineer.
- Solid experience with ERP systems. SAP is preferred.
- Experience with customer relations is an advantage.
- Thrives and is able work efficiently in a dynamic, changing and fast paced environment.
- Speaks and writes Danish and English fluently and has experience with working in an international environment.
- To be a true team player.
More specifically we expect our new Technical Engineer to:
- Work structured and result-oriented
- Be able to comply with quality standards implemented with MAN.
- Understand and identify customer needs and requirements.
- Be able to meet required deadlines.
- Be used to travelling.
MAN of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Good canteen
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Ansøg” and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is Friday 6. December 2019.
We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of Technical - LTSA Jesper Kristiansen by phone on +45 3385 2137 or +45 2115 1486, e-mail: email@example.com.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.