GlycoSpot is a fast growing start-up within Enzyme Activity Screening and has recently received significant funding for the next growth Phase.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Director to add value to our growth activities by leading our science and innovation department and take the overall responsibility for product development, QA/QC processes and production with an entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude.
The Director will closely collaborate with the Commercial Director and CEO in an entrepreneurial environment. The initial focus is to validate and secure robust processes from idea to production. Market wise, GlycoSpot is currently focusing on getting the products integrated into the beer/beverage and bread manufacturing area by targeting industries like milling, industrial baking, malting and brewing.
This position will include:
With a direct report to the CEO, this position will be part of the leadership team together with the CEO and Commercial Director. You will become part of a very flat and agile organisation with short decision-making processes. For the right candidate, there exists an opportunity to join an attractive exit-program.
The position will initially be hands-on, with the leadership of product development and production focusing on maturing the products and processes leading to large-scale production.
Consequently, this position will be responsible for securing that development projects run as planned and meet customer expectations. As part of the agile company structure you will also be involved in selected commercial activities, e.g. represent Glycospot in conferences or visits to key clients.
The position is based in Copenhagen and has the daily management of the technical team.
- Overall technical responsible for GlycoSpot enzyme screening products.
- Develop production and production processes towards a scalable, standardised setup
- Take leadership of projects and the development of new, including communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide the sales team with technical advice and support
- Oversee each project follow the plan from idea to completion, with an emphasis on technical soundness and resource efficiency, in close coordination with commercial management
- Develop and integrate systems that facilitate and support large-scale production including QA/QC systems for both projects and production
Who are we looking for?
First of all, we are looking for a person with the right mindset. A person who can see the growth potential and who brings the energy and motivation to realise the significant short and long-term market and product potential from a technical perspective.
We’re looking for experience with bringing technical products from development to final products as well as taking products from small scale to large scale production in a hands-on approach.
You have experience with leading product development processes, both in-house as well as in collaboration with customers.
Furthermore, we are looking for:
- The passion for creating user-friendly and robust products
- Skills in creating, implementing and executing short and long-term goals
- A relevant Master-level education
- Fluency in the English language
As a person you:
- Are a self-starter with drive and initiative, and work with minimal supervision
- Have a personality comfortable with a leadership role, i.e. is ready to take on responsibility and leading other technical persons
- Have a genuine technical interest and curiosity
- Bring role model behaviours - communication, empathy, integrity and conceptual flexibility
- Can build lasting relationships with individuals at all levels
- Can provide an excellent level of customer engagement to both existing and potential customers
- Possess good negotiation and follow-up skills
If you have questions, please contact our CEO, Thomas Lacentra on, +45 5383 6919 or/and submit your application by clicking the "Ansøg" button.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder