Do you have flair for developing customer specific products? Is your focus on quality and the achievement of set goals, both individually and for the team? Then keep on reading! We are looking for a Technical Designer in our Hydrodynamics Design department who wants to join us on our journey of reducing CO2 emissions within the shipping industry.
As our new Technical Designer, you will be involved in every propeller blade design delivered and will be the key person in making the final 3D propeller geometry.
Your focus is to:
- Create technical data/specifications i.e. drawings, part data and 3D models with main focus on the propeller and aft ship system
- Create/update design specifications and service specifications
- Give technical feedback to the other employees of the team
- Be jointly responsible for the supply of propeller blade designs with the correct quality, on time and within budget.
“The work of the group varies between challenging deadlines of sales and delivery projects, to R&D projects demanding immersion and a high degree of innovative thinking processes.” – Henrik Marinussen (Head of Hydrodynamics Design).
- You take an interest in and have flair for the development of customer specific products
- You have great focus on quality and the achievement of set goals, both individually and for the team
- You are a team player, as one person alone cannot manage our tasks
- You are a skilled communicator in writing and speech in both Danish and English
- You can communicate with the other team members when it comes to technical challenges and details
- You are preferably an experienced user of Team Center, Microsoft Office, Creo Parametric within mechanical engineering (appropriate training will be offered) and other standard administrative tools
Your new team
“You will be part of a highly experienced and dynamic team consisting of engineers at PhD level, Master level and one Technical Designer. The team is responsible for the design and development of hydrodynamic product solutions for MAN Energy Solutions.” – Henrik Marinussen (Head of Hydrodynamics Design).
Among other things, the team develops some of the world’s most efficient propeller plants with diameters up to 9 meters. The team also designs high-efficient propeller nozzles, rudder bulbs, etc., and develops software for own design tasks and simulation of hydrodynamics. High-efficient propulsion propeller plants are among the most efficient contributors to the reduction of CO2 and NOx emissions within the shipping industry.
Employees of the hydrodynamic team are located in Frederikshavn and Copenhagen. You will be located in Frederikshavn.
MAN in Denmark
We are approx. 2.100 employees in Denmark. 500 colleagues are located in Frederikshavn, where we work with design, development, sales and service. We develop, among other things, aft-ship products with special emphasis on state-of-the-art propeller systems. We are also test centers for new and existing engines. In addition, we work with offshore sales as well as after sales of spare parts (PrimeServ) and the technical service thereof.
MAN Energy Solutions of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job by clicking on “Ansøg” and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is Friday, the 13th of March 2020. We will conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of Hydrodynamics Design Henrik Marinussen by phone on + 45 9620 4268 or our Recruitment Partner Marianne Koch Fischer by phone on + 45 9620 4068.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder