After 40 years of employment, our Technical Designer will go on pension. Therefore, we are looking for someone who is taking over the position of a Technical Designer in our Hydrodynamics Design department. As our new Technical Designer, you will be involved in every propeller blade design delivered and are the key person in making the final 3D propeller geometry.
As our new Technical Designer, your main focus is to:
- Create technical data/specifications i.e. drawings, part data and 3D models with main focus on the propeller and aft ship system.
- Create/update design specifications and service specifications.
- Give technical feedback to the other employees of the team.
- Be jointly responsible for the supply of propeller blade designs with the correct quality, on time and within budget
The work of the group varies between hectic, challenging deadlines of sales and delivery projects, to R&D projects demanding immersion and a high degree of innovative thinking processes. Employees of the hydrodynamic team are located in Frederikshavn and Copenhagen.
- You take an interest in and have a flair for the development of customer specific products.
- You are preferably an experienced user of Creo Parametric within mechanical engineering (appropriate training will be offered), Team Center, Microsoft Office and other standard administrative tools.
- You can communicate with the other team members when it comes to technical challenges and details.
- You have great focus on quality and the achievement of set goals, both for the team and individual goals.
- You are a team player, as one person alone cannot manage our tasks.
- You are a skilled communicator in writing and spoken in both Danish and English.
Your new team
You will be part of highly experienced and dynamic team consisting of engineers at PhD, Master level and one Technical designer. The team is responsible for the design and development of hydrodynamic product solutions for MAN Energy Solutions. Among other things, the team develops some of the world’s most efficient propeller plants with diameters up to 9 meters. The team also designs high-efficient propeller nozzles, rudder bulbs, etc and develops software for own design tasks and simulation of hydrodynamics. High-efficient propulsion propeller plants are among the most efficient contributors to the reduction of CO2 and NOx emissions within the shipping industry.
MAN of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Good canteen
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job through the link “Ansøg”. The application deadline is Friday, the 17th of January 2020. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of Hydrodynamics Design Henrik Marinussen by phone on +45 9620 4268 or our Recruitment Partner Marianne Koch Fischer by phone on +45 9620 4068.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder