About the Postion
For our “Cost & Commodity” team in the Industrialization department within Offshore Technology we are looking for dedicated Technical Commodity Leads who will cover one of our main components. We need a Technical Commodity Lead within electricals, medium/high voltage, canopy, hydraulics & cooling, fasteners, bearings, large steel parts, yaw system and generator. The Technical Commodity Lead will represent one of the main components in the Commodity team of Offshore Technology and will in close co-operation with Procurement and Supplier Quality ensure that the wind turbines can be equipped with the most optimal components focusing on cost and quality.
The Technical Commodity Lead is responsible for establishing and maintaining component roadmaps for the main components which our Technical Commodity Lead will be responsible for covering a time frame of minimum 5 years.
What are my responsibilities?
- Establish and maintain a roadmap for the component group you will be responsible for i.e. within one of the following groups: electricals, medium/high voltage, canopy, hydraulics & cooling, fasteners, bearings, large steel parts, yaw system and generator. The roadmap for the main component covers a time frame of minimum 5 years
- Technical decision responsible for implementation and approval of second source suppliers for one of the main component within electricals, medium/high voltage, canopy, hydraulics & cooling, fasteners, bearings, large steel parts, yaw system and generator
- Ensure technical alignment regarding new and existing suppliers across the different business units within Siemens Gamesa
- Idea generation, collection and implementation of component improvements thinking in total cost
- Cooperate with the commodity team to generate detailed cost breakdown of the individual components
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You are an experienced engineer who has a solid knowledge within one of the main components for respectively: electricals, medium/high voltage, canopy, hydraulics & cooling, fasteners, bearings, large steel parts, yaw system and generator.
- You have a technical engineering degree, B.Sc., M.Sc. with 5+ years of professional experience
- You have working experience in a technical engineering organization doing product development/product support and preferably within wind energy
- You have international living and/or working experience
- You are outgoing, determined and persistent with strong communication and collaboration skills
- You are motivated by making things happen and at the same time shaping the strategy and direction of the future
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Søren Vittarp via phone +45 3037 6469
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
If you want to know more
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.