About the Postion
For our “Cost & Commodity” team in the Industrialization department within Offshore Technology we are looking for a dedicated Technical Commodity Lead who will cover our Converter and Control system. The Technical Commodity Lead represent Offshore Technology in the cross functional Commodity team. By establishing and maintaining a Roadmap for a period of up to 5 years considering future designs and technology changes, optimizations and globalization we create the best possible foundation for our global growth and continuous cost reduction.
You will be responsible for the technical qualification of new suppliers from start to delivery of the first components for serial production. You will also focus on continuous improvements of cost and quality for both existing and future products by analyzing and pursuing ideas from both internal and external stakeholders.
What are my responsibilities?
- Establish and maintain a technical roadmap for the Converter and Control System
- Technically responsible for implementation and approval of second source suppliers within Converter and Control System
- Ensure technical alignment regarding new and existing suppliers across the different business units within Siemens Gamesa
- Idea generation, collection and implementation of component improvements thinking in total cost
- Cooperate with the commodity team to ensure improved cost and quality
- Understand and work with suppliers on cost-breakdown and should-cost models
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You are an experienced engineer who has a solid knowledge within Converters and/or Control systems (for wind turbines)
- You have a technical engineering degree, B.Sc., M.Sc. with 5+ years of professional experience
- You have working experience in a technical engineering organization doing product development/product support and preferably within the wind industry
- You have experience with project management
- You are outgoing, determined and persistent with strong communication and collaboration skills
- You are motivated by making things happen and at the same time shaping the strategy and direction of the future
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link.
Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Søren Vittarp via phone +45 3037 6469
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.