ShopGun's mission is to make it possible to get any thing.
ShopGun is one of Scandinavia's most popular shopping apps with +2.5M downloads across Scandinavia. With ShopGun, hundreds of thousands of people plan their shopping every week and at the same time, get inspiration for it.
ShopGun was started in Denmark in 2010 as eTilbudsavis by entrepreneurs Morten Bo Rønsholdt (now 28) and Christian Birch (now 29). Today, ShopGun is an organization with 40 team members where 30 work full-time at ShopGun's office in Copenhagen.
Your Coming Role
ShopGun is about to launch in the rest of the world, being currently available in five countries.
Tech is at the heart of ShopGun, being founded by two engineers. Today, ShopGun's tech team consists of 14 people, working mainly out of Copenhagen but also remotely in places as far as Buenos Aires.
We have a multitude of projects going on to support our mission of making it possible to get any thing. In other words, we're at a size now where we think it makes a lot of sense to look for you, our coming tech project manager.
ShopGun needs you to track our tech projects and make sure that we're always moving forward as fast as we can, with no road blocks on our way.
You'll be driving decisions amongst our engineering team within tech architecture, design, and code. Oftentimes you'll be guiding decisions based on feedback from our CTO and sometimes you'll be guiding decisions yourself, depending on your knowledge within the particular field in need of a decision.
You'll be responsible for building an always stronger engineering team, conducting one-on-ones, developing the talent of our talented engineers, suggesting when we need more engineers, and anything else that leads to a stronger team.
Your efforts will be instrumental to a product that's already in the hands of hundreds of thousands of people and on its way to millions more in the coming years.
Your Current Qualifications
We expect that you're:
- A likeable playmaker that wants to build the best possible team
- Dreaming about technology (literally)
- Used to simultaneously managing a multitude of tech projects
- Able zoom in on small details while still seeing the bigger picture
- Able to see how tech underpins our entire organization and the world in general
- Sharing our values (see below)
Though it's not required, we'd love that you're:
- Familiar with computer science
- Capable of spotting business opportunities from the tech we're building
Our Core Values
We have a set of values that are central to everything we do at ShopGun. Because of that, we're looking for the person who can not only fill the role but also shares our values:
We put people first
We prioritize the well-being of people over anything else. We make the time that people spend with us well spent. We believe this leads to good fortune and that money will then be possible to make in a sustainable way to fuel our purpose.
We challenge how things are
We're never satisfied with the status quo. We consider things, big or small, and improve them by making decisions that support our purpose in the long run. We challenge people in respectful ways when trying to improve things.
We grow our impact
We seek to get the most impact out of what we do rather than growing the size of our organization. We do this by becoming smarter and faster to achieve more in the same time. We learn new things, learn from our mistakes, and optimize our time.
We contribute outside of our roles
We see all parts of our organization as something for us to contribute to, as best as we can. We share our thoughts and invite people to share their thoughts. We're selfless and let the better argument prevail.
We turn thoughts into action
We carefully consider things and then do what it takes to fulfil our roles so other people can count on us. We work self-reliantly and as part of our organization at the same time. We try our best and we're never afraid to fail.
Your Coming Benefits
- Highly talented fellow team members
- Widely used product, reaching hundreds of thousands of people
- Modern tech stack with endless opportunities
- Sleek office on top of the Field's shopping center in Copenhagen, containing:
- Gym & Amager Fælled just outdoor to take a walk(ing meeting, if you like)
- Hair-dresser & other personal care
- Grocery shopping & lots of other shops
- Easy access by both bike, Metro, regular trains, car, etc.
- Computer hardware of your choice
- Access to conferences, further education, books, etc. to stay sharp
- Company pension programme
- Weekly massage
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, and more
- Four extra paid days off a year
- Yearly Christmas and Summer party plus monthly Friday bars
- ... and more!
Our Coming Collaboration
We'd like you to start as soon as possible. Your compensation will be based on your qualifications.
Got questions? Feel free to reach out to our Co-Founder & CTO, Morten Bo Rønsholdt, at +45 2623 5010.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 2623 5010