Team manager for Technician team in Fresh Dairy Application - combined with scientist assignments
In Fresh Dairy Global Application, we support new product and competence development and provide technical support worldwide in relation to application of starter cultures, probiotic cultures with clinical documentation and enzymes. The organization consists of 40 employees organized in 5 teams, spanning 10+ nationalities and situated in respectively Hørsholm (Denmark) and Arpajon (France).
We are currently looking for a Team manager to head-up the Technician team in our Project group in Hørsholm. The position combines the Team manager role with Scientist responsibilities targeting a 50:50 split. The Technician team works in close collaboration with the Project Scientist team.
You will report to the Director of Fresh Dairy Global Application and will work in close collaboration with the Department manager of the Project Scientists and the other leaders and colleagues in the area.
Your main responsibilities and tasks are:
- Team manager for ≈5 technicians in their daily work in our pilot dairy and laboratories
- Responsibility for the professional and personal development of your team
- Close collaboration with the project managers (inside and outside the department) concerning resource allocation and high-quality deliverables
- Other assignments of managerial character (safety, working process optimization, KPI reporting, organisation of visits and events) and taking part of our leadership team(s)
- In your role as Scientist, you will drive tasks and projects within the Fresh Dairy Application area - such as: Competence Development, Competence Deployment and other collaborations with our Application sites and networks globally,
- Joining (minor as well as major) projects e.g. in collaboration with R&D.
Your preferred experience and background are:
- You are ambitious and curious, you have a strong integrity and yet a flexible attitude
- You have documented experience with people management (e.g. from a team- or project- manager role) and your future career aspirations are within line management
- As a manager, you can engage your employees and create a positive and energetic working culture delivering successful and timely results
- You have a background in food/dairy science and technology, as PhD or MSc and you are still passionate to contribute to idea maturation and long-term challenging projects
- Experience within the following areas will be highly beneficial: Digitalization, Food processing equipment and technology, Food ingredients, Product development, Working with customers, Global networks
- You are eager to collaborate with colleagues in our global sites and networks and you can travel up to 25 days/year
If you have questions, please contact Ditte Marie Folkenberg, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications are May 24, 2019.
Read more about a career at Chr. Hansen here.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.