Team Manager for product specification and documentation
At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment.
At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities – if you have the ability and the drive to take them.
Would you like to join VELUX® Modular Skylights - a new and fast-growing business area – to become responsible for the technical documentation related to the production of windows and flashings.
Both our standard programme and special solutions create considerable growth for us – and brightens up the days for people all over the world by improving daylight.
As the Team Manager for our Product Specification department, you will lead a team of eight competent people and join the management team in VELUX Modular Skylights. You are responsible for technical product management incl. 2D/3D documentation, bill of materials, packaging and SAP master data for manufacturing, all based on an “Engineer to order” setup built on configurable systems and solutions.
Here, you will work closely with R&D, production, technical market support, sales, logistics and operations, becoming the go-to technical person in relation to our operative product programme. Everything in this job leads to the goal of VELUX Modular Skylights: to create a sustainable business built on a vision of improving daylight and fresh air in commercial buildings across the world. Specifically, your main tasks will be to:
- Lead the team and set the direction as well as daily problem solving and guidance on projects
- Ensure that the available skills, right competencies and resources are in place to execute activities
- Proactively work with your team, delegating to and empowering them to take the responsibility for delivering results in support of our strategic goals
- Ensure efficient balance and effective use of resources and provide close cross-functional collaboration with other departments in the organisation
- Work with strategic elements regarding scalable systems and processes to support our growth
Personally, you are driven and understand the importance of modern leadership, focusing on mutual respect and confidence in people to create a team feeling and a “go-the-extra-mile” attitude. You are not afraid of bringing new ideas and processes to the table to challenge status quo when you see opportunities for creating better results. Also, you are structured, analytical and able to see through a complex product range with many variations on special solutions. Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Hold a relevant technical master’s degree combined with at least ten years of relevant work experience
- Have a skillset that includes e.g. technical insight, master data, configurators or bill of materials - but above all, you understand the factors that influence a market driven organisation
- Preferably have spent some of those years as team leader or manager in an order based manufacturing company in the building industry
- Perhaps have experience from a similar position as a technical product manager or a specifications manager
- Take pride in your communication skills and your knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant tools and you are fully proficient in English
The VELUX Group offers both exciting challenges and great opportunities for your personal development. Here, we surround ourselves with competent and committed colleagues, and thoroughness and mutual respect are among our most outspoken core values. We believe in empowering people, and we support this through sharing knowledge, delegating responsibility and investing in people who want to make a difference.
The team you will be joining operates at a high professional level, yet maintains an informal tone and a healthy sense of humour. We reach our ambitious results through “one team” efforts, and you will join our management courses to improve your competencies.
Application and contact
The application and selection process will be done in collaboration with Brinch & Partners. If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Partner Henrik Smit by telephone +45 2215 2787.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV marked “11.765“ as soon as possible via the Apply link.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder