Do you want to help us ensure that high-quality engineering support is provided for the development of offshore wind projects as well as coach and motivate your employees to deliver optimum performance within our Subsea Cables team?
Join us and become Team Lead of the Subsea Cables team in the Geotechnical Engineering department where you’ll be responsible for managing and working as part of an engineering team which focuses on considerations related to site assessment, route design, cable burial risk assessment and trench installation assessment for our inter-array and export cable routes.
The team currently includes seven highly skilled engineers situated across offices in Copenhagen and London.
Your key tasks will be to
- ensure that the Subsea Cables team is delivering geotechnical engineering support and input on our international wind farm projects, and that the work is undertaken professionally and supports our strategic targets to drive down cost of electricity and improve safety and quality
- act as part-time Project Lead taking ownership of and responsibility for early development projects, communicating with installation contractors, engineering consultancies, installation managers and the internal Geoscience teams to manage geoscience risk related to subsea cables
- support the lead specialist in the development and standardisation of engineering processes to support feasibility, design, execution and O&M works
- be responsible for people development and for planning, prioritisation and delegation of new assignments and projects
- motivate employees of the team to achieve good results and ensure that employees have the right competences and mindset to support projects.
You’ll also provide feedback to employees and follow up on the employee development interview/appraisal dialogues. In addition, you’ll manage business relationships with internal and external key stakeholders.
Furthermore, you’ll develop the short and long-term team strategy in line with the company goals in collaboration with the lead specialist.
Your competences include that you
- have relevant experience in offshore wind farm development, design and preferably construction projects
- have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and inspire
- are good at creating cross-organisational networks at all levels in a large matrix organisation
- have a relevant master’s degree or a PhD degree, preferably from a geoscience discipline, civil engineering or equivalent although the discipline is not a fixed requirement
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey your messages smoothly and efficiently to your business partners and to your team in both a face-to-face and virtual environment.
Moreover, you have a positive, open-minded and results-oriented approach to your work and a personal drive to proactively suggest improvements within your area of responsibility. Additionally, you’ll be able to work independently but also thrive on working closely together with your colleagues and business partners in a multicultural international environment.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 6 December 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Willem Knoops, Head of Geotechnical Engineering, by telephone on +44 7500953231 or by email on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
If based in the UK, you should expect to travel overseas approximately once every month in relation to your work. However, we pride ourselves on having a strong family and life-friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working. As part of our commitment to a more diverse and inclusive workforce we’re flexible on making reasonable adjustments to working practices, within the constraints of the role’s principal accountabilities.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.