Systems Engineering Lead
Imagine a future where you play a key role in energising our future delivery of energy systems that will set the standar
Imagine a future where you play a key role in energising our future delivery of energy systems that will set the standard for the industry
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for implementing our systems engineering processes within our projects, with initial deployment envisaged to be on one of the projects from the Greater Changhua offshore wind farms.
Welcome to System Integrity Project Management Department
You’ll be part of a functional department led by the Head of System Integrity Project Management. In collaboration with your colleagues, you’ll report to and be led by the Project Engineering Director on a day-to-day basis. Our success relies on our strong leadership culture and mindset, our end-to-end system integrity management framework, and courageous and great project leaders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading and managing the implementation of our systems engineering concept during the engineering phase
- planning and facilitating workshops with packages to create projects System Breakdown Structure and establish sub-system interfaces, identify owners, and resolve anomalies
- facilitating the identification of project interfaces together with relevant stakeholders, establishing an interface register and supporting their clarification and monitoring
- identifying system requirements that relate to risks, criticality of the system, or critical quality characteristics and preparing status reports to support decision-making
- preparing and maintaining materials to support systems engineering throughout the projects lifecycle, until handover to Operations
- instructing engineers on the project to systems engineering concept, processes, and timeline.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience and certification as a system engineering professional (CSEP), where being a member of the International Council on Systems Engineering is preferred
- have great experience from the renewable energy sector
- hold a degree in electrical or mechanical engineering management, or a related discipline
- can demonstrate strong communication skills and can influence change
- thrive in an international environment and possess interpersonal skills, enabling you to create good relationships with your stakeholders and adapt to change.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Xiaole Yang Strand, Head of Electrical System Integration Pr, on (United Kingdom +44) 7787722525 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.