Systems Engineer for Modularisation and Platforms Development
Do you have experience in developing medical devices? Would you like to be a part of all phases in product development? And are you motivated by making a difference for your customers by providing new concepts and innovative products? Then your next career move may be as R&D User Insights Engineer with Ambu …
In this newly established and challenging position, you will be an active contributor in the innovation team as systems engineer. You will take part in developing our new, exciting endoscope products and secure the future success of Ambu as well as to the benefit for our users.
You will become part of a dynamic innovation culture characterized by a strong team spirit, and you will join an innovative team. We have a tradition for fast completion of projects, which means that there is a visible link between your results and Ambu’s growth. Our Global Innovation team is located at our headquarters in Ballerup. We focus on developing new products that combine technologies in new and innovative ways. This puts high demands on your skills and requires a broad experience.
Active involvement – from conceptual design to product validation
As R&D Systems Engineer, you are a vital player in product development projects as you may be involved in all aspects of the innovation process – from the conceptual design to the product validation.
Systems engineering in new products development of single-use endoscopes is of increasing importance for Ambu, since our products are becoming more complex, we run more projects in parallel and we rely heavily on a modular approach where the integration of modules into a full system is performed by the Systems Engineer.
Your main responsibility is, as part of product development projects, the integration of modules into a full product (system) in close collaboration with the project manager, project team members, module & sub-module owners/managers a.o. Additional responsibilities include:
- Identification and understanding of User/Clinical Needs through engagement with key stakeholders
- Concept development for new products within existing or new clinical areas for Ambu based on our modular capabilities.
- Establishing, maintaining, and controlling requirements
- Establishing and maintaining the technical overview incl. interfaces and compromise between modules
- Ensure that modules (functionality) live up to defined product requirements
- Identify & address problem areas where pre-defined modules are challenged to meet specific needs and ensure that module owners are aware of these (for future versions/ modification)
- Ensure that parts developed in the project are planned, designed, and developed
- Examine what needs are mission critical and what could be done to fulfil them with minimum change
- Establishing cost benefit analysis for proposed changes to modules including the total complexity cost throughout the value chain/life cycle
- Creation of “project strategy” (with technical mindset) together with the Project Manager
- Identification of activities/backlog based on “project strategy” and continuously monitor this during project execution
- Backlog refinement and always knowing the critical path
- Setting the right technical team with Project and Module Managers in order to execute according to plan
- Working, documenting, and testing according to FDA and ISO requirements.
Your contact base is broad, and you will collaborate with Ambu’s global organisation, all departments involved in product development projects and externally with users, knowledge centers and suppliers.
You are an experienced medical device engineer.
Ideally, you hold an educational background within mechanical engineering or similar
You are experienced in developing medical devices. You have a strong system and Systems Engineering mindset as well as a mechanical mindset where “things right the first time” and making robust designs are important for you. You are experienced in product development, plastic and mechanical design especially for single-use products. You also have knowledge of modular engineering including how to integrate modules in development projects. Most likely, you come from a similar job within the medical device industry or in a consultancy that deals with the medical device field.
As a person you are pro-active, with high drive, committed and have a strong sense of responsibility for your own tasks. You are thorough and quality-minded; you have great interpersonal skills and have a good situational awareness making you a great team-player in global teams. You are a “do’er” and prefer to act on tasks/challenges, rather than theorise about these. You work independently and take responsibility for your own tasks and you have a pragmatic and practical approach to tasks. You actively support knowledge sharing and exploitation of best practice and you enjoy being part of a global team.
Ambu is a global company and English is our corporate language. Therefore, it is important that you communicate fluently in English.
How to apply
If you are ready to apply for the position, please apply as soon as possible. We will invite candidates for interviews on a continuous basis so no need to hesitate. This job ad might be available until 19th March 2021.
You can get additional information about the job and about Ambu by contacting Director, Endoscope Engineering Niels Bjerrum Thomsen +45 7225 2000 .
Your application will be treated confidentially
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
Since 1937, breakthrough ideas have driven our work to bring efficient healthcare solutions to life within our fields of excellence: Anaesthesia, Patient Monitoring & Diagnostics and Emergency Care. Millions of patients and healthcare professionals worldwide depend and rely on the functionality and performance of our products. We are dedicated to improving patient safety and determined to advance single-use devices.
The manifestations of our efforts range from early inventions like the Ambu Bag™ resuscitator and the legendary BlueSensor™ electrodes to our latest landmark solutions such as the aScope™ endoscope – the world’s first single-use flexible video scope. Our commitment to bringing new ideas and superior service to our customers has made Ambu one of the most recognised medico-technical companies in the world. Our head office is situated near Copenhagen in Denmark. Ambu employs approximately 4,200 people in Europe, North America, and the Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.ambu.com.