Would you like to be a part of developing innovative new products that have a significant impact on patient lives? If you know what it takes to work with system level architectures across technologies and have a passion for securing fast introduction of new functionality to the market, then there is a good chance that Ambu will be the perfect place for you.
At our headquarters in Ballerup where we develop many of our new medical devices, we have a great innovation culture and a clear focus on fast time to market. We are dedicated to developing the right product to fulfill customer/user needs and positively impact patient’s lives. This sets high demands to your understanding of developing medical devices while having a strong understanding of system architecture and technology trends
Global, user-driven innovation – from idea to launch
As Systems Architect for our visualization devices, you will play a key role in the success of Ambu by developing the architectures for our future hardware and software platforms of the company. You will work in a modular setup across several technologies where you will focus on simplifying, standardizing, and making all devices current, scalable, and supportable.
In this role, you will work extensively with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure devices meet the needs of broader enterprise applications and determine interfacing requirements.
You will report to the Director, System Architecture and Engineering in Global Innovation.
- Responsible for ensuring that system architecture fulfills the needs of Ambu, and customers, now and in the future, while ensuring the technical realization of requirements.
- Collaborating with technical, regulatory and business leaders throughout the company, to collectively determine technical needs, strategy, and direction for the future product portfolio of the company.
- Drive Architectural design, feasibility studies and determine key system requirements based on user needs
- Developing systems architecture roadmaps with value stream owners, platform/module owners and other key stakeholders
- Identifying systems architecture/engineering process improvements and enforcing the execution of them across the organization.
- Maintaining technical knowledge and understanding of the latest development methodologies and best practices
- Define system architecture at portfolio level with module owners
We expect you will have one or more of the following skills and experiences
- Background as engineer, and knows what it takes to make high quality products
- Experienced within system architecture of medical devices
- Experience in working with requirement management with ALM or PLM tool
- Proven experiences in working with platforms or systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Has an interest in technologies and trends
- Knowledge in connectivity in medical devices
As Ambu is a global company, it is important that you communicate fluently in English
Ambu – a visionary and international workplace where your efforts make a difference
Ambu is a company that expands rapidly and has ambitious growth targets. We meet these targets through interdisciplinary teamwork between motivated and highly skilled employees. Your contributions and efforts are crucial to our success. By joining us, you will get the opportunity to work in an international head office with an informal and cross-functional working environment.
We offer a wide range of professional, social and financial employee benefits along with exciting job challenges and career opportunities contributing to your job satisfaction.
How to apply
If you are ready to apply for the position, please apply as soon as possible but no later than October 28th 2021. We will invite candidates for interviews on a continuous basis so no need to hesitate.
You can get additional information about the job and about Ambu by contacting Director, System Architecture and Engineering – Henrik Thomsen on +45 7225 2000
Your application will be treated confidentially.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
Since 1937, breakthrough ideas have driven our work to bring efficient healthcare solutions to life within our fields of excellence: Anaesthesia, Patient Monitoring & Diagnostics and Emergency Care. Millions of patients and healthcare professionals worldwide depend and rely on the functionality and performance of our products. We are dedicated to improving patient safety and determined to advance single-use devices.
The manifestations of our efforts range from early inventions like the Ambu Bag™ resuscitator and the legendary BlueSensor™ electrodes to our latest landmark solutions such as the aScope™ endoscope – the world’s first single-use flexible video scope. Our commitment to bringing new ideas and superior service to our customers has made Ambu one of the most recognised medico-technical companies in the world. Our head office is situated near Copenhagen in Denmark. Ambu employs approximately 4,500 people in Europe, North America, and the Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.ambu.com.