At Zoetis Denmark you become part of a market leading company with competent colleagues, large degrees of freedom and high professionalism - and possibilities of influencing your job.
For our Instrument Development team in Research & Development we are looking for a System Engineer with specialty in Optics to work on the development of a new optics-based analysis instrument and on maintenance and continuous improvement of our existing instruments .
An Innovative, Fast-growing Gazelle Company
Zoetis Denmark is specialist within the veterinary diagnostics market developing Point-of-Care solutions to be used in veterinary clinics and at farms. We were nominated Gazelle company in both 2015 and 2016 and have grown from 30 to 80 dedicated employees since August 2016.
A Glimpse of Your New Workday with Us
You will be working in a highly cross-disciplinary R&D team on the development of new bench top analyzers, as well as on the optimization of existing instruments.
In this position, the qualified candidate with his/her know-how in designing, building and optimizing optical setups, will aid experts in other areas such as: mechanics; biochemistry; software; and fluidic handling, to develop functional prototypes and systems. This cross-disciplinary environment offers the possibility to expand your knowledge every day and become a multi-disciplinary product developer. If you are you familiar with optics, data analysis and development of bench-top analyzers, we may have the right job for you. Send us your application with a brief description of one of your projects.
- Define specifications and design schemes for optical setups
- Test optics for new analyzers and improve existing designs
- Conduct the evaluation, and design of optical systems
- Contribute to product development by collaborating across different areas such as: mechanics, electronics, software and fluid handling
- Ensure adequate documentation
- Master’s degree in Engineering with specialization in optics
- 2-3 years of experience from industry, or a PhD
- Hands-on experience with designing, building and optimizing optical setups
- Experience with optical detection techniques, e.g. fluorescence, absorption
- Knowledge about microfluidic devices
- Data analysis (Octave, Python)
- Experience with Raspberry Pi
- Understand complex interacting systems
- Ability to adjust work according to priorities
- Enjoy challenges and solving problems even if not within your area of expertise
- Enjoy working independently, and collaborating across different areas
- Well-organized, structured and result oriented
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
A unique and challenging job in a rapidly growing company where you will have opportunities to develop and expand your competences. We have a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment with an informal work atmosphere.
Strong Development Culture and Distinct Pioneer Spirit
You become part of a development-orientated company originally founded by a handful tireless and passionate pioneers. The culture is characterized by high professionalism combined with informal setting and room to have fun. We offer a salary according to qualifications and 10% pension, health insurance and lunch program.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your application and CV via the "Ansøg" link.
The recruitment process may include references and various tests.
Interviews will be held as relevant candidates apply, so send your CV and cover letter soonest possible and no later than 8 June 2018.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder