Are you curious about refrigeration technologies and passionate about thermodynamics? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment and are experienced in system engineering for digital products? We would love to hear from you!
Maersk Container Industry (MCI) is looking for an analytical and structured System Engineer to develop new functions and specify corrections for our established Star Cool refrigeration system while still developing technology a new generation of the controller.
As a System Engineer, you will be part of our Software team which consists of 5 colleagues, where you will report directly to the lead of the Software team.
We have strong local roots but act on a truly global stage. Our headquarter is located in Tinglev, right at the German/ Danish boarder. In MCI you will enjoy an international environment with an informal tone and a supportive atmosphere. We are highly motivated and enjoy working together as a team. You will experience a high degree of independence in a flexible work environment where innovation and quality have a very high priority.
You will be part of the continued development of the new functions to our existing Star Cool controller as well as specify corrections to existing features. Your will be specific responsible for developing and maintaining the software to CA/Controlled atmosphere and senor handling.
Further, your area of responsibilities will be to:
- Communication between Supplier and in-house Engineers
- Update functional specification for the Star Cool controller software (CIM6)
- Maintain/ optimize the functional specification
- Understand and analyse the existing concepts of refrigeration technology, designs, components, and operations
- Operational development and test of software
- Develop and specify new features for the Star Cool refrigerate unit, Trouble shooting and field trials
- Support to our Service and Quality departments
- Ad Hoc projects
We are looking for
Preferably, you hold a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in Mechatronic/ Electrical/ Control or Software Engineering. Knowledge within refrigeration technology and thermodynamics is preferred but not mandatory.
Your proven experience should include:
- Experience within Control Engineering
- Experience with simulation and modelling software (not programmer)
- Skills within Control/Electrical Engineering are focused on system-level design with solid competences in estimation and control
Your analytical, structured and constructive approach to solving tasks enables you to define problem statements and multiple solutions to these. It is important that you are detail and result oriented, have a critical mindset and that you are able to address creative proposals while providing high quality of work. You are brave in challenging existing solutions and ideas.
Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are a prerequisite. Furthermore, you are good at technical communication. Danish is preferred but not mandatory.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis until we find the right candidate.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder