For our System Level Control team, which is part of Offshore Loads & Control Department within R&D at our global engineering head office in Brande, Denmark, we are looking for a System Engineer. The team is responsible for condition monitoring system, safety system (protection), functions & features solution management and for delivering functional design solutions on system level, from requirement specification to product validation.
What are my responsibilities?
- Solution management of Turbine Functions & Feature of Loads and Control related solutions:
- Maintaining and improving functional descriptions of the solutions for existing fleet and new products
- Solution alignment with stakeholders to gain knowledge and acceptance of systems requirements, interfaces and process flows both inside and outside of our Load and Control department
- Maintaining work processes ensuring a transparent and valid overview of all key functions & features including values defining the turbines and operational constraints.
- Maintaining alignment off impacting functions on the feature behavior
- Developing new functional design solutions and models and align specifications with the turbine control department
- Contributing to technology development projects to develop new or expanded functionality for turbine operation.
- Contributing to new product development and release projects to improve turbine performance through system development
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining a requirement management setup for the functional systems run by the team in close corporation with rest of Loads & Control department
- Ensure having information path clearly setup i.e. from customers request for info on a specific turbine behavior, to impact on sensors, controllers, and operational mode, including alarms code definition and error handling
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- You have preferably 6+ years’ experience working in wind turbine design or analysis
- You have a strong desire and ability to solve difficult technical challenges through innovation, dedication and cooperation with a global team
- You are proactive and structured, you have a holistic mindset and strong analytic skills, and you maintain solid oversight of projects
- You have a result-oriented approach to your work and are capable of keeping a sense of perspective during hectic situations
- You are familiar with and/or have experience with systems engineering approach and performing engineering analysis on large data sets
- You strive to make a difference for future wind turbine design and operational capabilities
- You are able to work and thrive both independently and in a team environment in an international organization
- You have excellent communication skills - both orally and in written reports in English
- You are willing and able to travel internationally on needed occasions
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job via tha "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Claus Sejdelin Schroeder via phone +45 3037 6143
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Tlf.: +45 3037 6143