Microchip Denmark is part of the Microchip USB and Networking Group (UNG) and has developed a market-leading portfolio of highly integrated Ethernet switch solutions. Our primary areas of responsibility are product definition, semiconductor design, software development, reference system development, and technical customer support. We are part of a world-wide organization with teams in USA, India, Taiwan, and China.
You will be part of the Denmark Application SW development team, working on our Linux-based turnkey Ethernet switch application SW portfolio, targeted at our Ethernet switches - the largest ICs designed in Denmark. We are an integrated part of
Microchip and work closely together with other SW design sites, mainly in the US and India. The job will consist of
- Understanding the functionality and specifications of the Microchip Ethernet switch products and their application in customer systems.
- Developing embedded systems software for our Ethernet switches.
- Creating documentation (user guides, configuration guides and other technical documentation).
- Assisting customers with system-level design issues.
- Working with Marketing to identify industry trends so as to aid in new product. development, as well as creating demos for and supporting trade shows.
- Training of factory and corporate apps in the SW products developed by the SW team.
Education and Qualifications
- B.Sc. or M.Sc.
- SW development work experience with at least 2 years of embedded SW design
- Have embedded software-programming skills in C/C++
- Processor and OS knowledge (preferences are ARM, MIPS, PPC, 8051, Linux, eCos, and VxWorks)
- Great English communication skills – written as well as oral
- Good analytical skills
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment with multiple projects and deadline
- Are a team player but able to work independently - a self-starter, adaptable to rapidly changing market requirements
What we offer?
- A dynamic and pleasant work environment.
- A professional engineering team with very experienced, highly skilled engineers considered best in class.
- International work environment and opportunities to travel.
- An opportunity to work with leading edge technologies.
- Competitive compensation including share option scheme.
- Competitive benefits such as: Pension, Healthcare, Stock Options etc.
If you’re interest and feel that you have the right skills that we’re looking for, apply today
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.