Superintendent Engineer two-stroke for Qatar Department
Are you an experienced marine engineer? And do you want to work with high-end diesel engine technology while exploring Qatar from within?
Join a truly international environment in aworld leader within diesel engine technology. You will become a key resource within maintenance and repair of two-stroke diesel engines, and you get to assert your expertise and develop your skills further.
MAN - we move the whole world
At MAN Energy Solutions PrimeServ, you will join our Engine Management Concept (EMC) Operation Qatar team with 8 dedicated engineers. We provide service for the vessels entering the terminals/yard in Ras Laffan ensuring high reliability in both propulsion and generator engines.
Plan and execute inspections
Your primary task will be toplan and execute scheduled inspections and service jobs onboard vessels with two-stroke MAN 70ME-C diesel engines, and you will have a skilled team of 6-10 fitters to assist you. You will do troubleshooting and reporting aimed at solving engine-related problems, and you will train and provide technical advice to vessel crew and owners.
This means that you also:
- Support vessel owners and their crew with technical guidance regarding repair solutions and general supervision
- Prepare vessel attendance prior to job start - this includes arranging relevant drawings, spare parts and other required information to complete the job
- Perform scheduled service jobs, both at our site in Qatar, and in a few cases, we are sailing with the vessel for troubleshooting
- Prepare reports and ensure follow-ups for owners after a completed job
- Handle daily mail correspondences and performance evaluations when not assigned to a job
Next step in your career - join us in Qatar
Working in Qatar, you will be part of an inspiring, international working environment, and you will be in close collaboration with your colleagues. As one of our team of 4 two-stroke superintendents, you will get an array of exiting challenges such as participating in developing our engines for liquified natural gas (LNG) operations, which is one of our future focus areas.
But we also make sure you are properly installed by arrival. We will help with the practicalities, whether it be bringing your family or finding a place to stay and we provide you with an attractive salary. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to the team.
Experienced and independent engineer
In this position, it is important that you have the ability to work with professional confidence and a high degree of independency as you supervise colleagues as well as vessel owners and their crew. As such, you are open-minded and excited about working in a multicultural environment.
At the same time, you are a team player with excellent communication and networking skills.
- Are qualified as marine engineer with around 5 years of professional seagoing experience with two-stroke ME-C engines
- Have solid knowledge of two-stroke engines
- Have knowledge of and flair for trouble-shooting of complex systems in general
- Speak and write English effortlessly
For further information about the position, please contact Technical Manager Jesper Kristiansen at +45 3385 2137 or +45 2115 1486 or by mail email@example.com. You can also hear more about a career at MAN here.
Please apply for the job by clicking "Ansøg" no later than 14th of January 2019.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.