If you are you one of the best Superintendent Engineers, then this is your career opportunity
As the world’s leading provider of 2-stroke engines MAN Diesel & Turbo is responsible for keeping the majority of the maritime world sailing. Our customers are the world’s major shipping companies and shipping managers. You will be based in Copenhagen but your future place of work will be worldwide.
MAN |PrimeServ is a fast-paced unit with an informal atmosphere where focus is on customers and performance. Being part of the MAN |PrimeServ team, MAN Diesel & Turbo’s after sales and service business, you will be servicing international customers mainly within the marine industry.
You will be joining the Technical Service which is a part of the After Sales department with more than 250 colleagues in Copenhagen. When you are in the office, you will be with colleagues in a department with a good social environment where we are keen on helping each other. Furthermore, you will have an internal network of experts from R&D to production as well as a network of 100 service hubs worldwide, which we ask for assistance to solve the day-to-day tasks.
The tasks will include service and troubleshooting of our engines remotely or on board the vessels.
The problems we are attending are likely to be mechanical problems such as poor cylinder condition or problems with bearings, etc. We do, however, also face electrical problems with the new types of engines.
The job will also include on-site supervision during dockings including assessment of the condition of various components, inspections and recommendations. During these attendances you will also coordinate the work of the shipyards and workshops along with the vessel’s crew and/or superintendent.
Approximately 100-120 days of travel a year should be expected. When you are not travelling you will be working in the office preparing reports, answering e-mails and phones.
The job is always finished by preparing a report in English and one of your most important tools will be your laptop. In the office your job will typically involve handling of technical cases and follow up in connection with operating problems as well as answering customer inquiries - these inquiries will often lead to a visit on board the vessel.
In short the job involves:
- Support owners and crews according to MAN Diesel & Turbo’s specifications regarding repair solutions and general supervision.
- Preparation of attendance prior to job start as deemed necessary. This includes bringing relevant technical documentation.
- Ensuring that all MAN Diesel & Turbo’s internal guidelines are followed regarding travel and working hours, including the travel expense report.
- Ensuring that a report is made after a visit and follow up on a completed job.
- Daily remote troubleshooting when in the office.
We prefer that you have experience as a marine engineer or mechanical engineer, but it is not of utmost importance. However, a thorough knowledge of, or interest in, electronics, hydraulic, automatic and mechanic is a necessity as well as the willingness to acquire new technical information.
As we are working in an international environment you must have good knowledge of written and spoken English. Generally good communication skills and patience to repeat and rephrase instructions are necessary.
You are expected to be open-minded regarding other nationalities and cultures as most of the job will consist in cooperation with international colleagues, other departments and customers. Therefore, it is important that you have good interpersonal abilities, an open mind and a cheerful approach.
You must be willing to adapt and thrive in not always knowing what tomorrow brings and not be afraid of taking the lead and responsibility when it is required. However, you must know the importance of being part of a team and support your colleagues
In short the job requires:
- Marine engineer with hands-on experience.
- Solid knowledge of two-stroke is an advantage.
- Sailing experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of and flair for troubleshooting of complex systems in general.
- Open-minded and willing to adapt.
- A high degree of motivation and a self-driven personality.
- Ability to work with professional confidence and a high degree of independency.
- Solid knowledge of the English language, verbally as well as written.
- An interesting and alternating job in an international company, with exiting travels worldwide.
- Overtime payment, pension plan, flextime and health insurance.
- A job with influence and great opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Good job opportunities and a number of relevant courses.
We will ensure that you will receive the necessary training before we send you out into the world. Therefore you can expect a period of training in the beginning, but basically it will never end as we are continuously adapting to the development of our engines.
If you should need further information please contact our managers:
- John Eriksen: Phone +45 21 43 79 50, e-mail John.Eriksen@man.eu
- Lars Ehlers: Phone +45 30 66 30 59, e-mail Lars.Ehlers@man.eu
- Jesper Riis Rasmussen: Phone +45 29 38 79 29, e-mail JesperR.Rasmussen@man.eu
Please apply online via the link no later than 2th of February 2018.
Interviews will be held during the application period.
We look forward to hearing from and about you!
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder