Subsea Engineer for preparing and executing subsea operations
Do you have an interest in and experience working with the subsea operations, operation and maintenance of offshore pipelines?
Join us and become Subsea Engineer in our O&M Offshore Pipelines department, where you’ll become part of a team of professionals involved in all disciplines related to the operation and maintenance of offshore pipelines. The department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of approximately 800 kilometres of offshore pipelines - one oil and two gas transmission pipelines - including associated subsea structures and risers. In general, the department’s responsibility includes asset management, emergency preparedness, preparation of inspection programmes, execution of marine operations, inline inspections (pigging) and integrity assessment.
Your key tasks will be to
- prepare tenders for marine operations for IRM work
- manage contracts and execute IRM work scope
- act as client offshore representative onboard vessels during marine campaigns
- provide support to the development and maintenance of relevant company standards, procedures, tools and databases related to subsea operations, including diving and ROV operations as well as acoustic surveys, in accordance with best industry practice
- prepare budgets and reporting to management.
Furthermore, tasks could include providing support for the execution on inline inspection (pigging), controlling and verifying inspection data through our database system. When familiar with our systems, you’ll be included in a duty roster responding to emergency situations, and you’ll be trained to act as the on-scene-commander in case of an offshore oil spill.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s degree or other relevant technical educational background
- have substantial experience within subsea engineering and operations and with the execution of IRM work scopes
- have experience working with and managing engineering/contracting companies, manufacturers and equipment suppliers
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks as well as a high focus on health and safety
- speak and write English fluently; knowledge of the Danish language is an advantage.
Furthermore, you thrive in an international environment and can create good relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders.
Working at Ørsted
We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the energy sector?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 28 January 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lars Erik Storck, Head of O&M Offshore Pipelines, by telephone on +45 9951 2650, if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work, as your work may also involve participation in marine campaigns on vessels with a view to supervising subsea activities.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.