Subsea Cables Engineer for design and installation of subsea cables
Do you want to support our geotechnical engineering team and be part of the implementation of an efficient, flexible and green strategy for our power plants?
Join us and become Subsea Cables Engineer within the Geotechnical Engineering department where you, along with your colleagues, will be responsible for design and installation considerations relating to site assessment, route design, cable burial risk assessment and trench installation assessment for our inter-array and export cable routes. The team also provides expert advice during OFTO transactions and cable regulation requirements for our European projects.
Your key tasks will be to
- take ownership of and responsibility for projects, communicating with installation contractors, engineering consultancies, installation managers and internal geoscience teams
- manage large databases of geotechnical, geophysical and installation data, including developing bespoke analytical and plotting tools to interpret the data
- make probabilistic analyses to quantify as-built risk using Cable Burial Risk Assessment (CBRA) guidance to define burial requirements
- develop in-house tools for the prediction of jetting, plough and mechanical cutting performance, including the development and maintenance of the cable installation tool database to enable the accurate prediction of tool performance for future projects
- develop and maintain the design basis to support cable route design and engineering.
Furthermore, you’ll support cable installation managers throughout construction (contract experience is preferred) as well as the interface between the Subsea Cables and OFTO team (UK only) to agree on burial depth requirements and risk profiles.
Your competences include that you
- hold a master’s degree or a PhD in engineering, preferably in geoscience, civil engineering or equivalent field
- have moderate experience, preferably within offshore cable or pipeline engineering work
- preferably have a basic understanding of programming, databases and GIS software
- thrive in an international environment
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
It’s important that you have a result-oriented approach to your work and that you show initiative as well as the ability to compromise when required. You thrive on working both independently and together with your colleagues and business partners.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 17 January 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Willem Knoops, Head of Geotechnical Engineering, by telephone on +44 75009 53231 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect to travel overseas approximately once or twice every month in relation to your work. However, we pride ourselves on having a strong family and life-friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working. As part of our commitment to a more diverse and inclusive workforce we’re flexible on making reasonable adjustments to working practices, within the constraints of the role’s principal accountabilities.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder