Student Worker: Operator Technician Assistant at ALGIECEL
Want to spend your time making a difference to the benefit of our planet? Do you have an innovative-oriented mindset? ALGIECEL is applying microalgae to solve one of the most pressing issues of our time – how to utilize and turn the greenhouse gas CO2 into useful products for the feed, food and cosmetic industry and thus lessen the stress on the world’s ecosystems. The time for change is now and this is your chance to become part of our team!
ALGIECEL is expanding our core team and we are searching for a motivated and dedicated Operator Technician Assistant with a strong technical and pratical mindset. The student worker position will support our pilot-plant team at the Danish Technological institute in operating, maintaining, and improving the pilot microalgae photobioreactor. ALGIECEL is a new although well-established start-up that is focusing on the development of novel natural carbon utilization technologies. The ambition is to develop highly efficient, container-based and modular carbon utilization plants applying microalgae and photosynthesis that can convert CO2 into high value
The CO2 is turned into climate friendly sustainable algae-based products that can be applied in e.g. feed, food or skincare products. Our systems are intended to be located near CO2 emittors e.g., next to biogas or fermentation plants. Focus is about to change from only technology development to also include product development and commercialization. That is why we need you! You will be part of a vibrant, diverse, and extremely relevant organization, you will join a fast-paced team dedicated to making change for the better and you will have the opportunity to develop a new disruptive technology needed to make the transition to green circular production methods. You are expected to be able to have many balls in play, you have a technological gene and are good with your hands, , you want to get your opinion valued and heard and you want your time to matter!
- 12-15 weekly hours with the possibility to increase
- Flexible work schedule
- Support the Pilot Plant Manager and the Principal Technician of Algiecel ́s pilofacilities at the Danish Technological Institute in operating, maintaining and improving the pilot photobioreactor
- Monitor and control the machine performance
- Maintain activity logs and continuously evaluate the results of our efforts
- Ensure the machines are regularly checked and cleaned
- Assist in the technology scale-up process
- Fix technical issues and ad-hoc tasks
- Participation in relevant workshops and webinars
- Close collaboration with the commercial team
The successful candidate has:
- Currently studying (engineering, technology or "procesoperatør")
- Structure and analytical acumen and know the right balance between driving progress and evaluating the progress
- Very good technical mindset and skills in machine operation
- Excels at solving problems through analytical approach
- Preferably some experience with bioreactors or algae
- Ability to read PIDs and blueprints is a plus
- QA/QEHS/HACCP/regulatory experience is a plus
- A positive attitude and is self-propelled
1st September 2023.
Place of work:
Teknologisk Institut, Gregersensvej 7, 2630 Taastrup.
Henrik Busch-Larsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 21 29 69 74.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.