Student Worker for development platform team
Are you looking for a student position that involves supporting a highly skilled team working with automation and code integration and investigating new technological areas? A role where you can help develop important steps towards improving efficiency? Then look no more – we have the job for you!
Daily life in our in-house IT department
As a Student Worker at Systematic, you will find a crucial IT department at the heart of Systematic’s well-functioning software development. The department, which we call ITM, runs IT projects and develops and maintains Systematic’s software development tools, business applications and IT infrastructure to provide IT support for all our colleagues, both in Denmark and internationally. You will join a competent department and a highly skilled team of five colleagues, whose focus is to continually deliver efficient and resilient development services to support business software development. Not only are they good at what they do, they excel at sharing knowledge and acting as your sounding board when discussing ideas.
What can I expect to work on?
Your core responsibility will be to support the team with regard to automation and code integration tasks and, as part of a continually developing company, lead the investigation into new areas of technology. In other words, you will have every opportunity to apply what you are learning on your study programme and put it into practice through the following:
- Automating the management of internal test systems
- Developing ‘Create/Update/Delete’ automations for later use in production environments and developer self-services
- Investigating new technologies that can benefit our development platform services
- Performing Proof of Concept (PoC) on new ideas and areas
- Producing simple guides for new tools
- Developing system integrations and advanced behaviours
You can expect a technically founded role and responsibility, although this is not a software development position.
You are the right candidate
If you are a structured team player currently studying IT Product Development or similar at BSc or MSc level. At the same time, we are also looking for someone who:
- Is comfortable interacting with various stakeholders
- Is familiar with scripting and able to work independently
- Has experience working with Scrum and agile work methodologies
- Has a basic knowledge of Java development
- Has experience with infrastructure as code deployments
- Is fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. If you are fluent in Danish, that is also an advantage, however it is not a prerequisite
You will be able to work with several of the following technologies:
- The development of application and environment deployments through the use of Terraform, Helm, Ansible and Kubernetes
You are not required to have experience with all of the above-mentioned technologies or methods, but a sound knowledge of one or more will certainly be an advantage.
The position will involve 10-15 hours of work a week, and we are, of course, flexible in relation to your studies. However, when we are busy, we may need you to work longer hours. We work on security-classified projects, and as a Systematic employee you must be able to obtain a security clearance. This means that you must, as a minimum, have a clean criminal record, and have lived in a NATO/EU country for the last seven years. If you have any questions, you are always welcome to contact us at tel. +45 89 43 20 00 and ask for Dan Pennerup, Manager, Development Tools and Service Management. We will be assessing job applications as we receive them as we are keen to fill the position as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.