Student worker as Data Scientist
We are currently looking for a positive and motivated candidate that can help our team deliver ad-hoc analysis, manipulate data from different sources and build & maintain well-structured reports within our SQL Data Warehouse
Student worker as Data Scientist within Analytics & SQL Data Warehouse reporting
The After Sales - Process and Analytical Department (SEAIP) in the Copenhagen headquarter represents an innovative center of business intelligence. It supplies the global organization with crucial information, applications and analytical data, all to which help steer, run and develop the unique “machine” that is the MAN Diesel & Turbo business.
We are currently looking for a positive and motivated candidate that can help our team deliver ad-hoc analysis, manipulate data from different sources and build & maintain well-structured reports within our SQL Data Warehouse. We seek a technical minded person that has a good understanding of IT in general, especially including knowledge of (SQL) databases.
We are always looking for new ways and tools to improve our set up. Therefore, the job offers a lot of room for trying out new things and being a driver of creating new analyses and tools that create value for the company.
Since we represent a bridge between business and data, you will also be required to communicate with users, gather business requirements and conceptualize them into analytical reports.
You should also have a passion for visualization, usability and user interface as they all play an important role in delivering high quality, meaningful and usable reports used by hundreds of users worldwide.
- Gathering business analysis requirements, formulating solutions and implementing them.
- Creating ad-hoc or standardized global reports using Microsoft Excel, Reporting Services or Power BI and communicating the results effectively with the appropriate visualizations.
- Doing analysis based on Microsoft SQL Server databases and Microsoft Analysis Services cubes.
- Supporting business users from around the world or other fellow business intelligence analysts with issues, access requests and/or questions.
- Collecting data from multiple sources and creating actionable results from them for end users, management and up to top management.
- You are comfortable analyzing data with Microsoft Excel (filters, pivot tables, lookup formulas).
- You have good knowledge and experience working with SQL language and databases in general.
- You have some programming experience and are willing to learn new languages.
- You are an independent, motivated learner and a collaborative team player.
- Experience with OLAP cubes (MDX), tabular models (DAX) or R is not necessary, but a big plus.
- Any knowledge within statistical analysis and data mining would be an advantage, as we are currently using more and more efforts to improve in that area.
- You can make up from any gap in your knowledge rapidly by investigating, learning and asking more experienced colleagues (often other students).
- As we are interested in a longer commitment, we encourage especially students in their bachelor or latest in their first Master semester to apply for the job
- You are expected to work at least 15 hours per week.
What we can offer you:
- Unique work experience and reference from a top employer.
- A young, international and professional environment filled with energy.
- A possible work employment until the end of your studies.
- A fair salary.
If you are interested in the position described, then enter your CV and a cover letter no later than 15 September. If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact Oliver Mühlich, Team Lead for the Data Analytics department under firstname.lastname@example.org
MAN Diesel & Turbo SE is the world’s leading provider of large-bore diesel engines and turbomachinery for marine and stationary applications. It designs two-stroke and four-stroke engines, gas and steam turbines as well as compressors. The product range is completed by turbochargers, CP propellers, gas engines and engines for locomotives and chemical reactors.
MAN Diesel & Turbo’s goods include marine propulsion systems and turbomachinery units. Customers receive worldwide after-sales services under the MAN PrimeServ brand.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Learn more about our cross functional global organization. Meet your new colleagues here.