Student iOS Developer
Shape is an award-winning native app development studio based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We are known for building high-quality mobile apps that tackle real problems and push businesses forward.
At Shape, you will work closely with talented designers and developers and will help us build the brains and hearts of some awesome mobile apps used by millions.
You will put your existing skills to good use, and learn new ones by working together with other skilled people. We hope that you also want to share your knowledge with co-workers and assume you are as eager to follow the newest technology trends as the rest of us.
SOME OF THE THINGS WE LOOK FOR
- You must be based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and ideally be enrolled in one of the local universities.
- Motivation to become a part of and learn from a team of experienced and passionate developers for web, iOS and Android.
- Some experience with developing native iOS apps using Swift and the iOS SDK.
- An interest in design patterns and well-structured code and workflows.
- It’s always good to also know other programming languages.
AS OUR STUDENT iOS DEVELOPER, YOU WILL...
- Join a team of developers, where (when ready) you will be able to give your contribution in the creation of scalable software.
- Be assigned an experienced mentor (for as long as you need!) who will help you learn everything you need at an accelerated pace. This way you can get familiar with the Shape ways of working (and coding).
- Be given the opportunity to operate with some of the newest technologies (which we are big fans of!).
- Join us in achieving the best user experience using native technologies from Apple.
- Fully embrace the Swift programming language and follow the Swift Evolution closely, taking advantage of any new features that we can see providing value.
- Be able to operate in an open, inspiring and trust-based environment, where every voice will be heard.
The majority of student developers who graduated have decided to continue their career in Shape as a full time engineers, and are still with us after many years!
WORKING HOURS AND SPECIFICATIONS
⏱ Part-time. 15 to 20 hours per week. Each semester we plan how the work can fit with your university schedule.
📍 This is a Copenhagen-based, on-site position. We would strongly encourage you to be in the office as much as you can!
💬 English proficiency is a must. Danish language skills are not expected.
💎 Read more about why to choose Shape on our career page.
📝 Application via apply button below
🕵🏻 CV screening by a Talent Acquisition representative - within 2-3 days
📋 Additional questions sent to the candidate [1 or 2 non-technical questions may be asked, with an optional video and/or text answers]
👥 1st meeting with a Talent Acquisition representative - usually no later than a week from the application [may be in person or on video, according to the candidate's location and preference]
🧑💻 Take-home assignment - a small task to work on from scratch
💁 2nd meeting - technical interview with a panel of senior developers [may be in person or on video, according to the candidate's location and preference]
👨👩👧👦 3rd meeting - Team and cultural fit [helpful for both candidate and team to get acquainted before deciding "it's a match"!]
Note: We are ready to fill the spot as soon as a good match is found.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
🏙 Central office
Our office is located in a central area of Copenhagen, Denmark. Easy to access by bike or public transport (metro station: Islands Brygge).
📱 New tech gear
MacBook, the newest mobile phones, and ergonomic working setting? We got you covered.
🍝☕️ Food and drinks
Enjoy a catered lunch, great snacks and drinks with your colleagues, every day. These include plenty of vegetarian, halal, gluten and lactose free options.
🧑🎓 Skill development
We support your skill development with a dedicated education budget to attend seminars and courses.
👯 Social gatherings
Enjoy social gatherings, activities, Friday bars and games together with your colleagues.
⚖️ Work-life balance
Work is not everything. Carve out time for your family, friends, and fun hobbies.
🐥 Family friendly
We cherish families and understand that daily life can be full of unexpected events. We also open our doors to your little ones for Christmas Hygge or LEGO nights.
🏡 Remote work allowed
We are open to remote work as long as it fits in with your team. Working from your home country is also possible when visiting your family and friends.
WORKING AT SHAPE
⭐️ A competitive salary in accordance with experience and capabilities.
⭐️ We are organized with a very flat hierarchy without unnecessary project managers, but with team leads who also have technical backgrounds.
⭐️ Our office is located in Islands Brygge close to public transportation and the harbor, where both summertime and wintertime swimming is enjoyed.
⭐️ The headquarters offers a modern aesthetic, a comfy lounge area, and plenty of fun activities such as PlayStation tournaments, board game nights, family LEGO days, robot wars, and much more.
⭐️ But also social events, keynotes, morning runs (and swims) and Friday bars - not to forget an unhealthy amount of snacks, beverages, cake.
⭐️ Our team is very international and so far includes people from over 30 different countries. Our company language is English.
⭐️ A couple of times each year we press pause on our daily projects and retrieve to a remote location. We get together for socialising and hacking on side projects - we call this Shape Weekend. It is a lot of fun.
⭐️ Read more about why to choose Shape on our career page.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder