Student Front-End Developer, Asset Forecasting
Are you looking for an opportunity to kickstart your career in one of Europe’s leading energy trading companies? And do you want to utilize your software development skills in a company where you can learn and grow?
The Asset Forecasting team works on developing new and better methods for improving forecast accuracy and data reliability during all steps of the forecast life cycle – from weather models to traded forecasts. We are looking for a Student Front-End Developer who will have the opportunity to support the development of our asset analytics platform. This role will be based out of our Copenhagen office.
As a part of a diverse team of currently 6 people, you will be working on developing and improving the asset analytics platform in close collaboration with your colleagues. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating analytics dashboards
- Optimizing processes and features
- Collaborate on database structures
- Creating notification systems
- Ensuring reliability
You will be part of a team of experts who will support you in your journey and help you learn the industry specific parts of the job to make sure that you will be successful in this role. You will be expected to work independently and have the chance to take ownership of your own projects and tasks.
In order to be successful in the role, you ideally have following experience and competencies:
- At least two years of studying in computer science or other IT related study with UX/UI focus
- Passionate about Front-End development
- SQL, Postgress database
- Strong appetite for problem solving
- Eagerness to learn and also to share knowledge
Additionally, knowledge about the following would be a plus:
- Cloud knowledge
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, APIs
Most importantly, you have a desire to develop as a person and professionally. Applicant motivation is a decisive selection criterion, so please make sure to add your cover letter/motivation together with your CV when applying. Even if you don’t have the experience and competencies listed above, you might still be the perfect candidate for the job. In your cover letter please tell us:
- Why are you passionate about Front-End development?
- What is the most interesting thing, according to you, about Centrica Energy Trading and/or the energy industry?
- Which career goal(s) do you hope this role could help you achieve?
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.