Student employee for Power Trading Operations & Systems
Are you intrigued by finding new ways to optimise processes? Do you work in a structured manner? And would you like to contribute to the digitalisation and automation journey of a global energy company? If so, grab this opportunity to become the student employee we are looking for to join Power Trading Operations & Systems!
Here’s what the job entails
In the role, your primary areas of responsibility will be both to support the power trading teams with their daily tasks as well as develop and maintain numerous business tools with a great focus on process optimisation. Further, your areas of responsibility will include the following:
- Schedule and balance internal and external electricity flows on an hourly basis
- Continuously communicate with internal stakeholders, external counterparties and exchanges
- Assist with covering daily shifts from 07:00-14:00 and 14:00-20:15 – seven days a week, 365 days a year
- On the longer run, potentially participate in a 24/7 on-call duty scheme
Meet the team
As our new student employee, you will join our Power Trading Operations & Systems team in which we act as the operational experts in Danske Commodities (DC). This role allows great insight into the systems used in DC, which gives us a significant role in the continuous digitalisation and automation journey in DC. In the team, we have an informal atmosphere, where we enjoy balancing the professional everyday life with fun activities after working hours. This includes getting together in the team for activities such as padel tennis, fitness, dinners, boardgames – and everything in between. We are a team of young and innovative people who take pride in motivating, supporting and challenging each other. We are a mixed team of both student employees and fulltime employees which adds a great dynamic to the team.
But enough about us … over to you!
As you will join a team that operates in a dynamic market, we are looking for someone who takes a positive view and sees opportunities where others see problems. Also, we imagine that you are curious by nature and willing to learn more about the field we work within. Furthermore, we expect that you:
- Are currently enrolled in a relevant education within Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or similar
- Are interested in learning the coding languages Python, SQL and VBA – or perhaps you already have some skills within one (or more) of these
- Can work approx. 20 hours a week
Please note that it is not a requirement to have prior knowledge of the energy industry to enter this role.
We’ll take good care of you
At Danske Commodities, we take great care of our people. Joining us means you’ll get a lot of great perks – including social events, cultural experiences, tasty food and benefits to better your health, your life and your future. Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working hoursto fit with your studies
- Vast development opportunitieswith the help of your own individual development plan, access to our DC University with 50+ courses as well as remote courses through Harvard Learning
- Global career prospectsas part of the Equinor group with +20,000 colleagues across the world
- Beneficial health care and insurance package
- Great parental leave conditionsincluding 26 weeks of paid maternity leave and 16 weeks of paid paternity leave as well as the opportunity to join the network Inspired Beyond Babies
- Paid children’s sick days10 annual paid absence days in relation to child sickness, to be used whenever needed
- Bonus scheme
- 100+ yearly social and professional eventsincluding DC Sports and DC Talks events, gatherings in our book club, bicycle club, student network, wine club, CS:GO team and more
- Free Spotify Premium subscription
- Various free ticketsto family-friendly and cultural attractions
- Discountsat hotels, restaurants, sports clubs and more
- Organic foodincluding a light breakfast, lunch buffet and snacks throughout the day
- An office in the heart of Aarhusright next to the central train station
Recruitment process and relocation
You can read more about our recruitment process here. Please note that if you are an international candidate, we will reimburse travel expenses in connection with potential interviews and support you with the relocation process.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.