Student Backend Developer
We deliver award-winning sports betting products used all over the world. As a developer at Shape Games, you can pride yourself on building products used by millions of people and have fun while doing it.
Shape Games is known for building high-quality mobile apps that tackle real problems and push businesses forward. At Shape Games, you will be working closely together with talented designers and developers to build awesome mobile apps. You will put your existing skills to good use, and learn new ones by working together with other skilled people.
We hope that you also want to share your knowledge with co-workers and assume you are as eager to follow the newest technology trends as the rest of us.
What we are looking for
- Experience with modern web frameworks.
- The main technologies we use are the Kotlin programming language and the web framework Ktor. So it's an advantage if you know any of these.
- Motivation to become a part of and learn from a team of experienced and passionate web, iOS and Android developers.
- Experience with Kotlin or Java, and an interest in system architecture, caching techniques, REST APIs and data modelling.
- You have experience working with relational databases such as Postgres.
- Maybe you also have experience with Docker and AWS services such as CloudFormation, ECS, S3, etc.
- It’s always good to also know frontend technologies such as React or Vue.
Backend development @ Shape Games
Our backend system is composed of a number of independent services written in the Kotlin programming language. The 12 engineers currently working on the backend systems go a long way to write modular and reusable code that can handle the test of reality.
When it comes to deploying we firmly believe that everything must be automated and triggered when a PR is merged. That also goes for setting up new infrastructure so we make heavy use of AWS CDK/CloudFormation to achieve that. The infrastructure team is very passionate about AWS best practices and we use many of the services including Fargate, RDS for Postgres, Kinesis, etc. Connect with us if you are also interested in these technologies.
We strive to keep our organisational hierarchy flat without unnecessary layers of management, relying on team leads with technical backgrounds. Our team is very international and so far includes people from 29 different countries. Our working language is English around the office to include everyone.
Our office is on Islands Brygge where we host social events, keynotes, Fifa tournaments, morning runs (and swims), Friday bars, board game nights, family LEGO days and much more. A couple of times each year we press pause on our daily projects and relocate to a remote venue. We get together for socialising and hacking on side projects - we call this Shape Weekend. It is a lot of fun.
A student job
As a student you will get an experienced mentor who will help you learn everything you need at an accelerated pace. The majority of student developers who graduated have decided to continue their career in Shape Games as a full time engineer.
The student job is expected to be 15-20 hours per week. Each semester we plan how the work can fit with your university schedule.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder