We have an exceptional position in our market, and we have built a great brand. Your mission is to tell the story about who we are, what we deliver and put our solutions in the spotlight to reveal the secrets behind modern living. Addressing the key benefits of our solutions and conveying their sustainable benefits is vital for ROCKWOOL’s continuous growth. As a strong communicator, you will help proactively maintain our reputation across various stakeholder groups and build trust in our communities.
Would you like to gain experience and apply your knowledge in Life Cycle Assessment in the regulatory sphere? ROCKWOOL is looking for student assistant to join Group Regulatory Affairs Team with focus on supporting its sustainability agenda.
Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living.
ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge. Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life.
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
We are looking for a committed student assistant with passion for Sustainability and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) to join Group Regulatory Affairs team. You will help carrying forward and support work related to LCA and Environmental Product Declarations, while getting an insight into the regulatory sphere. Group Regulatory Affairs is part of Group Marketing and Communications & Public Affairs, a diverse department with more than 10 nationalities and professional backgrounds.
This is who we are
You will be part of Group Regulatory Affairs, a small but dedicated team of specialists headquartered in Hedehusene, Denmark. Group Regulatory Affairs assists regulators in creating holistic and ambitious legal frame works for the construction industry – focusing on environmental performance, sustainability and fire safety.
The team also provides knowledge, guidance and support to colleagues in relation to Environmental Product Declarations through Life Cycle Assessment of ROCKWOOL products to support Marketing and Communications initiatives in different markets.
This is the role
As a student assistant in Group Regulatory Affairs your work is focused on the policies, standards and regulations on the social, environmental and other sustainability aspects of thermal insulation.
Among others, your role is to:
- Research and investigate environmental aspects of construction products/systems performance.
- Coordinate data collection and documentation for LCA calculations with Group LCA Specialist and other ROCKWOOL colleagues.
- Create and secure ongoing documentation and update of our knowledge library.
- Organize and maintain our internal knowledge-sharing platform (on SharePoint online) – making it easy to use for our colleagues.
- Assist in evaluating and translating technical results in understandable messages for internal knowledge sharing.
- Communication support, e.g. prepare power point presentations for various topics.
- Collect and manage data in MS Excel.
- Assist the team in ad-hoc activities and projects.
This is what you offer
- You are currently studying building, civil, environmental engineering or similar. You are preferably in your second year of your M.Sc.
- You have good understanding of environmental impacts assessment and interpretation, carbon footprint and sustainability.
- You have experience with LCA modelling and LCA databases (preferably with GaBi software)
- Experience in the construction sector is an advantage, but it is not a requirement.
- You can understand technical content and translate it into easily understandable messages.
- You work in an organized fashion, have good attention to detail and value quality. You are trustworthy and understand the importance of commitments and deadlines.
- Being a team player comes naturally to you. You are good-humored and have a positive and flexible mindset.
- You have very good data management and analytical skills and have excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point etc.)
- You have excellent English skills, spoken and written.
This is what we offer
The role gives you a great opportunity to use your knowledge and background in an international company with a meaningful purpose. You will be part of a dynamic and exciting department, working with employees of different cultural and professional backgrounds.
You will get an insight into the regulatory sphere and how you can apply your knowledge and skills in that area. You will gain specialized knowledge in the core properties of thermal insulation products through your tasks and through working with experienced engineers.
The job is approximately 15-20 hours per week located in Hedehusene, close to Copenhagen.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English via the below link before 25 July.
If you have any questions, please contact Larisa Xanthopoulou, Life Cycle Assessment Specialist: Larisa.email@example.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder