Student assistant/intern for UN Environment Programme–DHI Centre
Are you passionate about communicating the importance of environmental protection in a changing world that leaves no one behind? Would you like to work with some of the leading global environmental organisations to further the global sustainable development agenda?
UNEP-DHI is currently looking for a (full time) Intern or a (part time) Student Assistant with a strong communications profile. You will lead the implementation of our communication strategy, working as a core team member of our UNEP-DHI team in Denmark, while collaborating with an international team of colleagues based in United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Headquarters in Nairobi. No travel is expected as part of your role.
What we offer
- Spending your work day to deliver a positive change for our planet
- Working with a group with highly skilled specialists across the globe and possibilities to learn about the latest technologies within water resources modelling and earth observation data application
- Learning about the work of the UN system through close collaboration with colleagues in UNEP on daily basis
- Flexibility of work hours and possibility for a mix of office and remote work during exam periods
- Competitive hourly pay
Your tasks will include
- Leading implementation of the Centre’s communications strategy through tasks such as website and social media updates and drafting of news articles
- Managing our social media accounts
- Creating new content in close collaboration with the technical team
- Keeping track of- and analysing outreach statistics
- Assisting with research, analysis and other ad-hoc tasks in support of our global team (e.g. on SDG, marine litter and plastic pollution, nature-based solutions issues)
- Preparation of figures, graphs, and other visual outreach materials on ad hoc basis
- Representing UNEP-DHI at the UNEP’s online communication meetings
About the ideal candidate
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with service-oriented attitude
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency with MS Office programmes – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of WordPress is a strong advantage
- Previous work experience within the area of communications is highly desirable
- Familiarity with the environmental, water resources management of climate issues is an advantage
- Structured and proactive mindset with an ability to organize own work tasks and be a driving force for the comms strategy implementation
- Fluency in Spanish, French or other official UN language is an advantage
- You must be actively enrolled in a Danish university for the duration of employment to qualify for consideration.
- The student assistant position is part time, approximately 15 - 20 hours per week. Intern position is a fulltime position.
- The successful candidate will start as soon as possible and work over a minimum of 3-4 months and will be based at DHI Headquarters in Hørsholm (work from home to a limited extent is possible, subject to agreement).
How to apply
- Interested candidates should submit their application including CV and a cover letter via the relevant job posting on DHI’s website: http://www.dhigroup.com/careers
- The application deadline is 26th April 2023, but applications will be evaluated when received, so please apply as soon as possible.
- Expected starting date is as soon as possible.
- For more information please contact Lisbet Rhiannon Hansen (email@example.com).
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.