At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them.
Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere
Do you want to be a key player in supporting our digital HR journey? And would you like to operate in the intersection between IT and HR in an international company?
As our new student assistant in IT Business Partnering HR, you will gain comprehensive technical knowledge of the best global HR IT systems on the market.
At our HQ in Hørsholm, Denmark, you will join 5 experienced colleagues 10-15 hours a week. We all have a background in HR, and it is our mission to support colleagues across the VELUX Group in our HR systems, Cornerstone and Workday, which we use for a variety of HR activities, including e-learning, recruitment, compensation and benefits and global master data.
On a typical day, you will a wide range of IT support requests from the organisation, primarily related to Cornerstone. If you do not know Cornerstone already, don’t worry – we will teach you. We support local admins across the VELUX Group, and you will be the link between them and our department and in frequent contact with support staff and subject matter experts in Cornerstone who will help you carry out your tasks.
We will plan your tasks, so they fit your studies, and the start date is in August depending on your summer holiday plans.
Specifically, you will:
- Handle and respond to requests in our digital workflow system, ServiceNow
- Upload data in our systems – e.g. employee data from Workday and e-learning data
- Support admins across the VELUX Group, including providing training sessions in our systems if needed (classes or Skype)
- Assist in testing new features every quarter when Cornerstone releases new functionalities
- ”We are on an exciting digitalisation and optimisation journey in VELUX HR – if you have any good ideas on how we can do even better, we are all ears,” explains Team Lead, IT Business Partnering HR, Malene Bruhn.
You are interested in HR and enjoy handling and managing data (especially in Excel) – and you are cool with performing tasks independently.
- You are studying for a bachelor’s or master’s in IT and have completed at least a couple of semesters
- You are an Excel superuser and can handle large data sets
- You understand HTML basics and have, at a minimum, an interest in learning it
- You speak English effortlessly
If you know Cornerstone or another learning management system, it is an advantage
On your first day, you will be assigned a buddy from the team who will make sure to make you feel comfortable and show you the ropes. And as a student assistant with us, you will not be alone – you will be part of an intimate group of other student assistants at VELUX Hørsholm.
”We are proud of our informal work environment characterised by humour, mutual respect and commitment, and we look forward to sharing it with you,” finishes Malene.
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Malene Bruhn, IT Business Partnering HR, by telephone +45 4516 7915.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV before the deadline on June 30, 2019.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.