Student Assistant conducting first line IT support within energy trading and coordinating agile ceremonies
Do you want to kickstart your career and help us bring IT and trading closer together as well as run ceremonies in our first agile release train?
Join us and become Student Assistant in Trading and Logistics Services where you’ll influence decisions and handle tasks on your own, thereby contributing with your knowledge and expertise. Your primary tasks will be to help with technical first line support on our Trading Floor and maintaining daily operations on various trading systems. Furthermore, you’ll support management in planning and coordinating agile ceremonies.
The Trading & Logistics Services department is responsible for providing day-to-day operational support, troubleshooting and fault localisation of the trading platforms and applications. The department brings business and IT closer together and creates value for our customers, primarily in Market Trading.
Your key tasks will be to
- assist on technical support on existing applications and systems - both handling hardware, network, software and general user support
- plan agile events and assist in facilitating these events
- be responsible for the task management system and SharePoint site used by the organisation
- perform small as well as large practical tasks when necessary.
Your competences include that you
- are enrolled in a relevant study programme within IT, economics or communication and have at least two years left before graduating
- have a strong personal drive and can independently begin and finish tasks while also being a team player
- are able to plan large events and coordinate with many stakeholders on all levels
- are reliable, consistent and ready to learn
- speak and write English fluently.
Furthermore, it would be an advantage if you possess knowledge of some of the following: databases (SQL queries), network infrastructure (routers, switches, VPN), hardware infrastructure (servers, pc and virtual machines), scripting (Power Shell and MS DOS Basic), software support (Power Shell, MS-DOS, Windows Server, Windows 10/8, Trading Applications, Active Directory, Citrix/Virtual applications, Microsoft Office), troubleshooting (hardware and software), monitoring, backup and/or programming.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can release their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 14 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Claes Damlund, Team Lead in Trading & Logistics Services, by telephone on +45 9955 5295 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our cross-organisational network of student assistants. You’ll work approximately 20 hours a week. We expect that you’re able to work two full days a week, on average - but we’re flexible in regard to days and hours from week to week.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.