Student Assistant, Sustainability Department, Chr. Hansen
Would you like to work for the world’s most sustainable company? Do you want to leave your mark in society by contributing to our sustainability efforts? We are looking for an ambitious, motivated student assistant for our Sustainability department in Hoersholm, who with their strong analytical and communication skills and a can-do attitude can work alongside us in improving food and health and contributing positively to the UN Global Goals.
As a Student Assistant you will have a wide number of tasks which will vary according to the priorities of the department and the company. You would be expected to work 15 hours/week.
Examples of tasks include the following:
- Support in carrying out sustainability assessments using the life cycle assessment tool, to calculate carbon footprints and compare alternatives to various applications of Chr. Hansen solutions
- Coordination of customer and investor requests, including management of online platforms such as SEDEX, Eco-Vadis and support for investor rankings such as the Carbon Disclosure Project
- Development and update of standard tools and collateral, e.g. standard slide presentations, FAQs, etc.
- Content development and administration of Chr. Hansen’s Sustainability website and content development for internal and external communication channels (e.g. Intranet, social media)
- Various administrative tasks such as invoice settlements, cleaning of shared drives, office logistics etc.
We’re looking for a student assistant with the following credentials:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree (e.g. Environmental Technology, Biotechnology, Life Science or similar) and just about to start or in the first year of your master’s program
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to handle large amounts of information – quantitative and qualitative – present findings in a compelling and easily understandable way
- Strong communication skills with an intuitive understanding of how sustainability can be made relevant for external and internal stakeholders
- Good writing skills with the ability to understand and convert technical information into stories relevant for a wider, non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently on tasks and willingness to take responsibility for finding solutions to complex problems
- High degree of personal efficiency with a can-do attitude
- Comfortable with IT-system and has an interest in working with them
- Writes and speaks English fluently
- Skilled user of PowerPoint, Excel and other relevant tools
What we offer
As part of the Sustainability department you will be working with a dynamic and evolving agenda with attention from both internal and external stakeholders. You will get a chance to hone your skills and profile while building up a broad contact base in the organization through your work as well as through informal networking opportunities such as our Young Employees Network.
More information and application
We expect the student assistant to start working from the 1st July 2019. Hence, we are looking to fill the position as soon as possible and will review incoming applications continuously.
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact Nassera Ahmed, Sustainability Specialist, at +45 5218 0835. For more information about Chr. Hansen and Sustainability, please consult https://www.chr-hansen.com/en/sustainability.
Deadline for applications is June 19, 2019.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.