Student Assistant to support with metocean assessments and load calculations for offshore wind farms
Do you want to kickstart your career and work for the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power?
Join us and become Student Assistant in Loads, Aerodynamics and Control where you’ll contribute to the development of our future offshore wind farms. The department is primarily responsible for assessment of wind and marine conditions for our offshore wind farms and calculation of loads for design of wind turbine offshore structures. We support our organisation with expert knowledge on issues related to loads, aerodynamics and control from feasibility and concept studies to detailed design and follow-up in the operations phase.
We offer an exciting student job in a dynamic environment where you’ll have influence on and be responsible for handling tasks on your own, while having the opportunity to spar with dedicated and competent experts.
Your key tasks will be to
- assist with metocean assessments and load calculations using our in-house aeroelastic code DEFlex
- participate as a resource in tools development
- collect as-built documentation for verification of our models
- perform miscellaneous work, e.g. updating databases, searching for data, maintaining our department information sites.
Your competences include that you
- are an ambitious student of engineering and have at least one year left before graduation
- have an interest and experience in either assessment of metocean conditions or load analysis of offshore wind turbines using aeroelastic codes
- have a thorough understanding of structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, aeroelasticity, stochastic processes and statistics
- have a strong interest in and flair for coding in, for instance, MATLAB and Python
- speak and write English fluently.
As a person, you have a positive attitude, a strong drive and are eager to learn. You can focus on a specific task for long periods and work in a structured manner when delivering an assignment.
Finally, you show initiative, collaborate easily with colleagues and business partners and provide and welcome feedback.
You’ll join a dynamic team with competent and committed colleagues, who value knowledge sharing and on-the-job learning.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application, CV and grade transcripts to us as soon as possible and no later than 20 February 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Torben Søndergaard, Manager of Loads, Aerodynamics and Control, by telephone on +45 9955 7125 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our cross-organisational network of student assistants. You’ll work approximately 15-20 hours a week.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.