Structural Engineering Manager for offshore substations
Imagine a future where you contribute to the development and design of offshore substations for our offshore wind projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be given a unique opportunity to follow a project though its stages from development to design, including follow-up during fabrication and installation until handover to operation. You’ll be directly responsible for the technical scope of offshore substations relating to structural steel design, general layout, and mechanical equipment as well as fire and safety.
Welcome to Offshore Structural Engineering Management
You’ll be part of a group of nine dedicated and skilled engineering managers where you, together with your colleagues, will make decisions and drive the design process, including proactively ensuring high quality and innovative design of offshore substations. We offer a job with great flexibility and many benefits, such as flexible working hours, opportunity for expatriation, etc., and a social environment where well-being and job satisfaction are top of the agenda.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing and following up on the design prepared by an external engineering consultant, which means facilitating meetings and workshops, keeping track of progress, reviewing design documentation, etc.
- establishing technical documents for the design and fabrication contracts (technical specifications, scope of services, design basis, and engineering time schedule)
- ensuring that necessary input from internal stakeholders for the design process is received in due time
- following up on design work, replying to technical queries (TQs), and securing contractors’ progress within own disciplines
- being present at the yard during the fabrication of the project to ensure that the execution complies with the design requirements/specifications
- helping to develop and mature technologies for our portfolio and future substations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience as an engineering or discipline manager
- have a master’s degree in structural engineering and have proven offshore structural discipline skills
- have a sound understanding of other engineering disciplines (HVAC, fire and safety, mechanical and electrical) and how these are integrated in a substation design
- have experience with managing design consultants or fabrication contractors from the offshore wind or oil and gas industry
- are outgoing and take joy in being part of a project where coordination and collaboration with other project disciplines are essential
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 25 April 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kasper Munch, Senior Manager, on +4599558501 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.