Structural Engineer to Operational Engineering
For our Operational Engineering department (OEN) within Offshore Technology, we are looking for a skilled Structural Engineer.
For our Operational Engineering department (OEN) within Offshore Technology, we are looking for a skilled Structural Engineer. The OEN department has the responsibility to provide structural engineering support the rest of company within the lifecycle of the product. This mean supporting suppliers, manufacturing, installation and service by analyzes and evaluating component and solutions.
In this role, you will be part of a dynamic and international Technology environment where we work with the latest and most advanced technologies within wind power, contributing to future green energy solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
- Structural calculations (extreme and fatigue) using FEA and analytical methods according to Eurocode, certified guidelines, etc.
- Dynamic evaluations and investigations
- Evaluation of suppliers’ material testing programs and proactively providing inputs for the new generation of our products
- Evaluation of structural non-conformities
- Supporting product improvements and warranty cases
- Developing and maintaining in-house calculation tools for everyday activities
- Make sure that needed updates are implemented in design basis and design tools
- Deliver certification packages
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a M.Sc. in Mechanical or Civil Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of experience within the structural field, preferably from the wind turbine or offshore industry. Alternatively you are a highly skilled recent graduate with analytical flair and an outstanding educational track record to show for it
- You are an experienced FEA user, including FE scripting. We are using ANSYS (both Workbench and APDL).
- You are familiar with Eurocode and related guidelines and standards
- You have a solid background in material science including cast-iron
- You have theory background in fracture mechanics with experience in FKM guideline
- You have efficient programming skills (preferably familiar with MATLAB)
- You have a thorough and structured approach to your work and are able to find innovative solutions to problems
- You are confident to take decisions in short period, based on facts with a pragmatic approach without compromising the quality requirements
- You are an independent and proactive self-starter and persistent in reaching your goals
- You thrive in a cross-functional and international setting and understand team dynamics
- You possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder