Wood Thilsted is an advanced engineering company specialised in structural and geotechnical engineering of offshore and onshore structures. We operate globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America and beyond, currently employing more than 100 persons in Denmark, UK, USA, Japan and Taiwan. We are committed to take an active part in Designing the Global Energy Transition.
To our clients, we offer ground engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments, as well as design and structural analysis of foundations. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Due to the success and growth of the company we are seeking an ambitious Structural Engineer to join us to further develop the company.
Areas of responsibility: As a Structural Engineer, your main mission will be to provide high-quality deliverables to our clients in the offshore wind industry relating to structural design of wind turbine foundations.
In your role you will:
- Design primary steel structures for offshore wind turbine foundations, ensure third-party certification and follow-up during fabrication and installation.
- Contribute towards and develop your competence in primary steel structural design.
- Collaborate and contribute as a key part of the structural design team to deliver world-class renewable energy projects.
- Liaise with clients and other consultants to develop innovative approaches and solutions.
- Work closely together with wind turbine vendors as part of the integrated load analysis.
- Take part in the continuous development of in-house engineering software applied for structural design and hydrodynamic load calculations.
The opening applies for our office in Vejle, based on local terms and conditions.
Your background: You shall hold a master's degree in civil or mechanical engineering. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. It is essential that you possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively. The right Candidate shall have good programming skills and be motivated to take part of the continuous development of our internal design platform.
Furthermore, it is advantageous if you have:
- 0-3 years of relevant experience as a structural engineer in offshore wind.
- Experience with hydrodynamic loading effects on offshore foundations (fixed and floating)
- Experience with both monopiles and jacket foundation concepts supporting offshore wind turbines.
- Experience using relevant design codes such as DNVGL, Norsok, ISO 19902 and Eurocode.
- Experience with relevant software, such as Matlab, Python and LaTeX.
- Experience with performing FE analysis using ABAQUS would be an advantage, but not a requirement
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and work on interesting projects. At Wood Thilsted, we care about our people and we are committed to a brighter future. We have defined our set of values and behaviors that are at the heart of everything we do. Our work environment is a place where everyone can be themselves and be their best. We are result-orientated and innovation-driven at a high professional level and with excellence in delivery. Besides this we also offer competitive salary packages, pension, health and life insurance as well as flexibility in working hours and locations.
Any questions: Please reach out to Angela Holst - International HR Business Partner at: email@example.com
Apply: Please apply using the "Ansøg" button where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
You can read more about us by visiting our website: https://www.woodthilsted.com/ or our Linkedin page for the newest updates.
Wood Thilsted is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees. While we do not use closing dates, Wood Thilsted reserve the right to close a role at any time.