Structural Engineer for Design of Offshore Wind Support Structures
Wood Thilsted is an advanced engineering company specialised in structural and geotechnical engineering of offshore and onshore structures. We operate globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America and beyond, currently employing above 80 people in Denmark, UK, Japan and Taiwan. We are committed to deliver design of multiple full detailed design projects during 2021.
To our clients, we offer ground engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments, as well as design and structural analysis of foundations. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Due to the success and growth of the company we are seeking an ambitious Structural Engineer to join us to further develop the company.
Areas of responsibility: As a Structural Engineer, your main mission will be to provide high-quality deliverables to our clients in the offshore wind industry relating to structural design of wind turbine foundations and offshore substations. In your role you will:
- Deliver design of primary steel structures for offshore wind turbine foundations, ensure third-party certification and follow-up during fabrication and installation.
- Contribute towards and develop your competence in primary steel structural design.
- Collaborate and contribute as a key part of the structural design team to deliver world-class renewable energy projects.
- Liaise with clients and other consultants to develop innovative approaches and solutions.
- Work closely together with wind turbine vendors as part of the integrated load analysis.
- Take part in, or be responsible for, the continuous development of in-house engineering software applied for structural design and hydrodynamic load calculations.
The opening applies for either of our offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Vejle, Bristol or London, based on local terms and conditions.
Your background: You shall hold a masters degree in civil or mechanical engineering. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. It is essential that you possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively. Furthermore, it is advantageous if you have:
- Proven relevant experience as a structural engineer in offshore wind.
- Experience with integrated load analysis iterations with wind turbine suppliers.
- Experience with hydrodynamic loading effects on offshore foundations (fixed and floating)
- Experience with both monopiles and jacket foundation concepts.
- Experience using relevant design codes such as DNV-ST-0126, Norsok N-004, ISO 19902, Eurocode 3 or API RP 2A in a project context.
- Experience with relevant software, such as Matlab, Python and LaTeX.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences, work on interesting assignments using intelligent tailormade state-of-the-art software.
Apply: Please apply using the link via "Ansøg" where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.